Test Development Engineer
Location: Eindhoven, the Netherlands
We are looking for a Test Development Engineer to contribute to the development and automation of test setups. We are looking for a multidisciplinary person with a hands-on mentality; your role is within the R&D department where you cooperate closely with electronic developers and colleague test (development) engineers. Some travel to our UK site is also a part of the role.
EFFECT Photonics is a cutting-edge developer of high-speed optical transceivers for communication networks based on Photonic Integrated technology. Our teams are made up of enthusiastic and energetic employees who all share a passion for developing and creating interesting products that will carry the internet of the future. The combination of the international character of the teams and the high level of education make EFFECT an interesting working environment.
As a Test Development Engineer, you will:
- contribute to developing and verifying of (industrial) test automation with C++ and Python;
- spend significant time our Electronics/Optics lab for the development and testing of the different measurement setups;
- be responsible for the transfer and delivery of test infrastructure to our operations team (located in Brixham UK);
- provide engineering support across different process and test stations.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
We are looking for a pro-active engineer with at least 5 years’ broad experience in test engineering and who has a BSc or MSc in electronic engineering, telecommunications, or comparable education. This function requires an in-depth understanding of software for providing the required support and implementing improvements. You have significant software development skills and you have good experience with C++ and Python. In the past, you have proven to have the ability to understand electronic schematics and PCBs. You know how to translate requirements into compliant test settings. You know about the capabilities and limitations of components (mechanical, thermal, electrical, optical) and knowledge of optical integration is a big plus.
What do we have to offer?
- Working in an exciting entrepreneurial environment;
- Working on state-of-the-art technology;
- Being part of a very enthusiastic and highly skilled team;
- Develop your own skills and contribute to a company that is in full development;
- A competitive salary;
- Stock Appreciation Rights (SAR stock program);
- Relocation assistance.
For more information regarding this position please send your question to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications via this email will not be considered. For applying for this job, click here
Acquisition to this vacancy, by employment agencies, is not appreciated!