Supplier Development Engineer
Location: Brixham, England
We are looking to expand our team with a self-propelling Supplier Development Engineer for our Brixham-based team. In this function, you will be responsible for managing assigned supplier relationships within EFFECT Photonics and participate in NPI-projects within EFFECT Photonics to represent Supply Chain. We are looking for somebody with a hands-on mentality who is not afraid to jump to provide support where necessary. In this role, you will work in a team environment as a key resource to improve current supply sources, to develop new supply sources, to improve cost competitiveness and be the conduit between the company and the supplier.
As a Supplier Development Engineer, you will ensure that the systems, processes and build capabilities of supplying companies meet the design intent of EFFECT Photonics and are compliant with the end customer’s needs. In this role, you will report to the Supply Chain Manager.
EFFECT Photonics is a cutting-edge developer of high-speed optical transceivers for communication networks based on Photonic Integrated technology. Our teams are made up of enthusiastic and energetic employees who all share a passion for developing and creating interesting products that will carry the internet of the future. The work environment can be described as international, creative, flexible and agile.
In this function, you will have both an internal and external role within the company – primarily you will be dealing with suppliers and optimising costs and reaching Long-Term Cost Down, while secondarily you will be working together with the R&D-community within NPI-projects to ensure Sourcing strategies are taken into account in new projects and new products can be ramped without issues.
As a Supplier Development Engineer you are expected to:
- Interface with internal stakeholders to prioritize supplier development needs to improve cost competitiveness or supply constraints, including supporting supplier selections
- Research external market information and entrepreneurial companies to identify potential sources and suppliers
- Assess new and existing suppliers to meet product, cost, quality, capacity, and fulfillment ensuring suppliers are able to meet targets on performance, quality, cost and delivery
- Drive improvements utilizing Lean methodologies, supplier scorecards and own supplier audit, ensuring supplier compliance, whilst driving systematic problem solving and process improvement plans to deliver value
- Guide NPIs at or transfer to suppliers by ensuring key-milestones are met which enables swift ramp-up of components and new products.
- Own, specify and develop product acceptance/test procedures for components together with Engineering which are being or need to supplied to EFFECT in near future.
- Lead root cause analysis investigations using structured improvement methodologies.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
This position requires a candidate that has a proven track record of being able to work in a complex and fast-changing environment. You are also used to work with a large scope and able to set priorities. You have a background in Sourcing or Supply Chain roles, preferably in an environment with low diversity and high volumes. You are willing to travel (20%) between EFFECT Photonics sites and suppliers worldwide.
The ideal candidate will also have:
- at least 5 years of experience in the field, with a proven track record in achieving cost reductions with suppliers
- Minimum a BSc- or BA-degree (Mechanics/Electronics/Business/Industrial Engineering) or a combination of education and experience that demonstrates the required skills
- an analytical/systematic, practical approach & good communication skills
- experience in Sourcing, Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing and program management
- experience in developing and implementing vendor qualification
- knowledge of quality and business systems, preferably with commercial acumen
- strong knowledge of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA)
- understanding and interpretation of engineering drawings and manufacturing processes
What do we have to offer?
- Working in an exciting entrepreneurial environment;
- Working on state-of-the-art technology;
- Being part of a very enthusiastic and highly skilled team;
- Develop your own skills and contribute to a company that is in full development;
- A competitive salary;
- Stock Appreciation Rights (SAR stock program);
- Relocation assistance.
For more information regarding this position please send your question to email@example.com
Applications via this email will not be considered. To apply for this job, click here