(Sr.) Manager of Foundry Engineering
Location: Eindhoven, the Netherlands
We are seeking a Semiconductor Foundry Manager, to lead our Foundry Engineering team and be responsible for the technology management of our Foundries. This team acts as a technical interface between our internal teams and our Indium Phosphide foundry service providers in the Netherlands, UK, and Taiwan. The role is based in the Netherlands where you will be co-located with other technical managers. In the near future, we will also consider SiGe manufacturing for Low-Noise High-Frequency circuits. Experience in fabless or pure play foundry semiconductor manufacturing is desirable.
In this highly multidisciplinary function, you will work and mentor the Foundry Engineering team across the statistical and data analysis domain, the materials science domain up to the product architecture domain. You will lead the resolvement of issues in a data-driven way and lead critical 8D and RCA activities within the company, you will supervise process development improvements and drive these topics towards our suppliers. You will work closely with the foundry team members, PIC designers, and PIC suppliers to evangelize DfX considering fabrication capability, product performance, and reliability requirements. Lastly, you are responsible for leading the setting up of a structured platform qualification and release process.
The ideal candidate has a strong engineering background (10+ years), experience with semiconductor processes and demonstrated people, project and distance management. The candidate holds a Ph.D., MSc or BSc in Electronics, Physics or Chemical Engineering.
The (Sr) Manager of Foundry Engineering will: Develop and execute our Foundry Engineering strategy in a fabless environment. Build and nurture excellent relationships with all our Foundries. Work with our Foundries so they perform technically at the highest level and provide high quality and timely output. Develop technology roadmaps and architect new process platforms together with PIC designers and PIC suppliers. Lead and mentor our Foundry Engineering team to become a high-performance team. Reporting the performance of our Foundries to the Management Team. Ensure that the overall Foundry Engineering team collectively delivers on the following responsibilities:
- Be the prime engineering interface between our company and our foundries
- Debug and troubleshoot fabrication processes and propose and coordinate inspection, the appropriate analysis and problem solving
- Supervise and steer process development, maintain the process flow and release new processes into Process Freeze
- Specify the reliability and qualification requirements and structure platform qualification and release process
- Lead in statistical data analysis and visualizations to identify correlations to reliability and yield performance issues
- Work closely with the foundries on Yield Management to control, monitor and report the performance of the PIC wafers to our company
- Yield Improvement through rigorous data analysis, managing process improvement projects with our foundry partners and through evangelizing DfY in our company
- Drive methodical resolution of process issues through 8D (8 Disciplines) and Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and Failure Analysis (FA)
- Work with the PIC design team on developing process control monitor (PCM) and wafer verification cells (WVC), and track and report the data on these
- Drive suppliers on process stabilization, define and monitor Statistical Process Control (SPC) and establishing process capabilities (Cp/CPk)
- Drive design rules from process capability and support PDK development and validate these
- Work with the PIC design team on the physical implementation details relevant to tape-out
- Manage the WIP tracking and improve manufacturing cycle time to meet our project schedules
- Approve relevant process changes and mask revisions, and drive proper use of engineering control methodologies (MRB/ECN) and keep foundry related documentation up to date
- Work with our supply chain team and product teams to develop specifications and acceptance criteria, and arrange Incoming Quality Assurance (IQA)
- Develop key performance indicators (KPI) for our foundry partners and support quality audits
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
We are looking for a self-starter with a broad knowledge of and experience in semiconductor manufacturing processes (preferably in III/V compound semiconductors or Silicon Photonics), data analysis and process development. You have demonstrated the ability to conduct FMEA, RCA, 8D and SPC analyses. In the past, you have shown the capability to organize, plan, and prioritize work to ensure timely delivery. Experience in working in Semiconductor manufacturing, analysis or evaluation is desirable.
At EFFECT we value people, so being able to establish and maintain interpersonal relationships, as well as the ability to resolve conflicts and negotiate with others is very important. You have experience of working with international stakeholders both internal and external. As the function requires you to communicate frequently with people outside the organization, excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is of great importance and working knowledge of Mandarin will be of benefit. Finally, you must be willing and open to travel – both domestic and international – up to 10% of the time.
What do we have to offer?
- Working in an exciting entrepreneurial environment;
- Working on state-of-the-art technology;
- Being part of a very enthusiastic and highly skilled team;
- Develop your own skills and contribute to a company that is in full development;
- A competitive salary;
- Stock Appreciation Rights (SAR stock program);
- Relocation assistance.
For more information regarding this position please send your question to email@example.com. To apply for this job, click here.
Acquisition to this vacancy, by employment agencies, is not appreciated!