Software Development & Support Engineer
Location: Brixham, United Kingdom
We are looking for a Software Development & Support Engineer to provide software support for test & measurement and process equipment associated with high speed optical modules. You will be working in a product and process development environment and with a subsequent aggressive volume ramp of qualified production modules. We are looking for somebody with a hands-on mentality who is not afraid to hit the ground running.
The ideal candidate has an engineering background (5+ years) and holds a degree in software development or a comparable education.
EFFECT Photonics is a cutting-edge developer of high speed optical transceivers for communication networks based on Photonic Integrated technology. Our teams are made up of enthusiastic and energetic employees who all share a passion for developing and creating interesting products that will carry the internet of the future. The combination of the international character of the teams and the make EFFECT an interesting working environment.
As a Software Development & Support Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- the development and maintenance of software for bespoke test and measurement/manufacturing equipment
- providing support data acquisition and analysis of data generated by such equipment
- providing user friendly interfaces for a manufacturing environment
- generating associated documentation
- providing safe working practices
- providing support to production portfolio
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
We are looking for an engineer who has above average knowledge and experience in test & measurement and other electrical equipment associated with optical module manufacturing and testing. You have also proven to have solid multi-format and level communications and data handling skills.
You have demonstrated the following abilities:
- Being able to translate user requirements into software solutions and implement them. Manage projects from definition to successful conclusion
- Experienced in developing front ends, preferably using Django.
- Skilled in database architecture design and deployment using cloud services
- Experienced in data visualization using frameworks like D3JS
- Willing and able to learn new frameworks on demand
- Experienced in communication with Test and Measurement equipment over GPIB, RS232 TCP/IP and USB.
- Experience in version control (SVN, Github etc) required.
- Familiar with Scrum method
- Network administration and deployment
What do we have to offer?
- Working in an exciting entrepreneurial environment;
- Working on state of the art technology;
- Being part of a very enthusiastic and highly skilled team;
- Develop your own skills and contribute to a company that is in full development;
- A competitive salary;
- Stock Appreciation Rights (SAR stock program);
- Relocation assistance.
For more information regarding this position please send your question to: email@example.com. Applications via this email will not be considered.
For applying for this job, click here