Senior Test Support Engineer
Location: Brixham, UK.
EFFECT photonics is searching for a full-time Senior Test Engineer with experience in optical transceivers and components test support and development. You will serve as a senior member of a hands-on team responsible for supporting characterisation and production test programs and test stations for new products. You will join a fast-paced start-up environment where you will need to implement meaningful, precise measurements while the product, test sets, and data structures are still evolving. You will collaborate closely with various teams in Product R&D, NPI and Operations to achieve the required goals.
Responsibilities for the position include:
- Work with Design Engineers, Product Engineers, and Operations to maintain test plans and methods to meet our customer specifications.
- Develop and support test automation and production test for fibre optic modules and components.
- Assist in defining Design for Testability (DFT) guidelines and drive implementation during the hardware design process.
- Train internal operations technical personnel in the use and support of production test equipment, test programs, and/or debug processes.
- Qualify test stations to demonstrate adequate GR&R and stability.
- Understand the capabilities and limitations of characterization equipment (e.g. RF, optical power, optical spectrum, thermal performance) by GR&R and calibration methods.
What do we expect from you?
We are searching for a candidate who has a degree in a relevant engineering field and with 7+ years industry experience in test support/development. For this function, it is essential to have experience in Analog, Digital, Optical and/or RF test and debug techniques of high complexity systems. You consider your programming skills as good and preferably work with C#, C/C++, and Python. You have experience with the instrumentation using GPIB, RS232, USB, and Ethernet. Furthermore, you have strong analytic and data analysis/mining skills. Experience with the use of databases is a plus.
What do we have to offer?
- Working in an exciting entrepreneurial company environment.
- Working on state-of-the-art technology.
- Being part of a very enthusiastic and highly skilled team.
- Develop your own skills and contribute to a company that is in full development.
- A competitive salary.
- Stock participation program (SARS).
For more information regarding this position please send your question to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications via this email will not be considered. To apply please click here.