Senior Test Development Engineer
Location: Eindhoven, the Netherlands
We are looking for a Sr. Test Development Engineer to contribute to the development and automation of experimental and production test setups, including HW, SW, and verification. It is expected that you spend a significant portion of your time in our Electronics/Optics lab for the development of the different test solutions and product characterization. In this role, you will also be responsible for a smooth transfer of the test stations developed in the R&D office (Eindhoven, NL) to our product assembly operation (Brixham, UK), which includes among others preparing the engineering documentation, knowledge transfer, and continuous support.
The ideal candidate has a strong engineering background (5-10 years) and has a BSc or MSc in degree in Electronic/Electrical engineering, Telecom, Industrial Automation or comparable education, and who has broad knowledge and experience in test engineering. It is preferred if you have a working knowledge of optical transceiver assembly and testing. Our business is split between The Netherlands (R&D) and United Kingdom (Manufacturing), therefore experience in a multi-site rollout of test strategies and stations is highly valued.
Your responsibilities are:
- develop and maintain process and product test stations;
- develop and maintain test automation software and post-processing scripts;
- spend significant time in our Electronics/Optics lab on product characterization, test development, and failure analysis;
- be responsible for the transfer and delivery of test infrastructure to our operations team (located in Brixham, UK);
- provide engineering support across different process and test stations.
- manage feedback an improvement suggestions from the operations team and prepare implementation strategy.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Previous experience with testing telecom products is necessary for this position. Experience with testing pluggable optical transceivers is highly appreciated. Experience with scaling up test solutions across multiple test sites and multi-site test development is a plus.
This function requires software development knowledge for (industrial) test automation (particularly in Python and C++) and providing active debugging support and implementing improvements.
In the past, you have proven to have the ability to read and understand electrical schematics and PCBs. You know how to translate requirements into compliant test settings. You know about the capabilities and limitations of components (mechanical, thermal, electrical, optical).
What do we have to offer?
- Working in an exciting entrepreneurial environment;
- Working on state-of-the-art technology;
- Being part of a very enthusiastic and highly skilled international team;
- Develop your own skills and contribute to a company that is in full development;
- A competitive salary;
- Stock Appreciation Rights (SAR stock program);
- Relocation assistance.
For more information regarding this position please send your question to email@example.com
Applications via this email will not be considered. For applying for this job, click here
Acquisition to this vacancy, by employment agencies, is not appreciated!