Senior Optics Engineer
Location: Brixham, United Kingdom
We are looking for a hands-on and experienced (5+ years) Optics Engineer for the development of packaging for future generations of high speed telecommunications bi-directional fibre optic modules.
As Optics Engineer, you help develop effective optical solutions for manipulation of light between the PIC and customer connector for next and future generations of high speed optical modules. You will also help clarify what ‘effective’ means and keep that definition live as technology develops.
EFFECT Photonics is a cutting-edge developer of high speed optical transceivers for communication networks based on Photonic Integrated technology. Our teams are made up of enthusiastic and energetic employees who all share a passion for developing and creating interesting products that will carry the internet of the future. The combination of the international character with the diversity, depth and expertise of the teams make EFFECT an exciting working environment.
As Senior Optics Engineer, you will:
- develop the optical design that manipulates light appropriate for the interface between our cutting-edge PIC and the outside world
- interface with the PIC team for most effective solutions and future developments
- Interface with the process, mechanical and equipment engineers for smooth prototyping into manufacturing
- interface with Operations team for effective launch into manufacturing
- contribute to the success of Funded Program by developing strong working relationships with partners
- new process development for NPI facilitation and manufacturing Cost Reduction
- provide documentation development appropriate for development stage
- execute safe working practices
- perform FMEA and Root cause analysis
- perform data analysis
- provide support to cost reductions and aggressive product ramps
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
We are searching for a candidate that has a deep technical understanding of optical properties and optical materials and optical materials. In the past, you’ve demonstrated the ability to manage projects from definition to successful conclusion. You have high competence in modelling behaviours of light appropriate for telecom applications through free space. Data handling is in your blood, so is multi-format and level communications.
You have a broad knowledge of and experience in the following fields:
- the photonics industry
- production metrics
- root cause analysis
- reliability expectations
Furthermore, you have worked in both an NPI as a production environment before and are familiar with working in a cross functional and multi-discipline teams. Flexibility is key in this position and also is the ability to make good decisions based on incomplete information under time pressure.
Finally, you are always able to maintain cool and collected, or as they say in Brixham, you possess calm fire in the belly.
What do we have to offer?
- Working in an exciting entrepreneurial environment;
- Working on state-of-the-art technology;
- Being part of a very enthusiastic and highly skilled team;
- Develop your own skills and contribute to a company that is in full development;
- Stock Appreciation Rights (SAR stock program);
For more information regarding this position please send your question to: email@example.com. Applications via this email address will not be considered. To apply for this job, click here.