Semiconductor Foundry Engineer
Location: Eindhoven, the Netherlands
We are seeking a Semiconductor Foundry Engineer, to act as a technical interface between Photonic Integrated Circuit (PIC) Design Team and Supply Chain Management Team based in The Netherlands, and our foundry service providers in the Netherlands, UK, and Taiwan. The role is based in the Netherlands where you will be co-located with the PIC design team. In the near future, we will also consider SiGe manufacturing for Low-Noise High-Frequency circuits.
In this highly multidisciplinary function, you will work across the statistical and data analysis domain, the materials science domain up to the product architecture domain. As Semiconductor Foundry Engineer, you will resolve issues in a data-driven way and lead 8D and RCA activities within the company, you will supervise process development improvements and drive these topics towards our suppliers. You will work closely with the PIC designers and PIC suppliers to evangelize DfX considering fabrication capability, product performance, and reliability requirements. Lastly, you are responsible for setting up a structured platform qualification and release process.
The ideal candidate has a strong engineering background (minimal 5 years), experience with III/V compound semiconductor processes and demonstrated people, project and distance management. The candidate holds a Ph.D., MSc or BSc in Electronics, Physics or Chemical Engineering.
The Semiconductor Foundry Engineer will:
- Be the prime engineering interface between our company and our foundries
- Debug and troubleshoot fabrication processes and propose and coordinate inspection, the appropriate analysis and problem solving
- Supervise and steer process development, maintain the process flow and release new processes into Process Freeze
- Specify reliability and qualification requirements and structure platform qualification and release process
- Lead in statistical data analysis and visualizations to identify correlations to reliability and yield performance issues
- Work closely with the foundries on Yield Management to control, monitor and report the performance of the PIC wafers to our company
- Yield Improvement through rigorous data analysis, managing process improvement projects with our foundry partners and through evangelizing DfY in our company
- Drive methodical resolution of process issues through 8D (8 Disciplines) and Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and Failure Analysis (FA)
- Work with the PIC design team on developing process control monitor (PCM) and wafer verification cells (WVC), and track and report the data on these
- Drive suppliers on process stabilization, define and monitor Statistical Process Control (SPC) and establishing process capabilities (Cp/CPk)
- Derive design rules from process capability and support PDK development and validate these
- Work with the PIC design team on the physical implementation details relevant to tapeout
- Manage the WIP tracking and improve manufacturing cycle time to meet our project schedules
- Approve relevant process changes and mask revisions, and drive proper use of engineering control methodologies (MRB/ECN) and keep foundry related documentation up to date
- Work with our supply chain team and product teams to develop specifications and acceptance criteria, and arrange Incoming Quality Assurance (IQA)
- Develop key performance indicators (KPI) for our foundry partners and support quality audits
- Develop technology roadmaps and Architect new process platforms together with PIC designers and PIC suppliers
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
We are looking for a pro-active engineer with a broad knowledge of and +5 years of experience in semiconductor manufacturing processes (preferably in III/V compound semiconductors or Silicon Photonics), data analysis and process development. You have demonstrated the ability to conduct FMEA, RCA, 8D and SPC analyses. In the past, you have shown the capability to organize, plan, and prioritize work to ensure timely delivery. Experience in working in Semiconductor manufacturing, analysis or evaluation is desirable.
At EFFECT we value people, so being able to establish and maintain interpersonal relationships, as well as the ability to resolve conflicts and negotiate with others is very important. You have experience of working with international stakeholders both internal and external. As the function requires you to communicate with people outside the organization, excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is of great importance and working knowledge of Mandarin will be of benefit. Finally, you must be willing and open to travel – both domestic and international – up to 10% of the time.
What do we have to offer?
- Working in an exciting entrepreneurial environment;
- Working on state-of-the-art technology;
- Being part of a very enthusiastic and highly skilled team;
- Develop your own skills and contribute to a company that is in full development;
- A competitive salary;
- Stock Appreciation Rights (SAR stock program);
- Relocation assistance.
For more information regarding this position please send your question to email@example.com
Applications via email will not be considered. To apply and express your interest please click here and send us your resume and short motivation letter.