Location: Eindhoven (The Netherlands), or Brixham (South West, United Kingdom).
We are seeking an experienced customer-facing Applications Engineer to support a growing International customer base evaluating EFFECT Photonics’ advanced optical components with our optical ‘System-on-Chip’ technology.
As a customer facing Applications Engineer, you will be supporting customers located in different parts of the world and to assist them in the evaluation, qualification, and design in of our photonic components. You’ll be part of the Sales & Marketing team and will liaise closely with engineering and other teams within EFFECT. You will play a significant role in supporting existing as well as influencing the development of new products within our target applications.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in Engineering (5-15 years) and 5+ years in a senior role and have experience with electro-optic/photonic technology and pluggable product design, or characterisation. Besides experience, you also have an MSc degree in an electro-optic/photonic telecommunications discipline or equivalent. Collaborative research experience in an applied telecommunications field will be an advantage.
EFFECT Photonics is a leading developer of high-speed optical transceivers for communication networks based on our Photonic Integrated Circuit (PIC) technology. Our teams are consists of enthusiastic and energetic employees who all share a passion for developing and creating interesting products that will support the Internet of the future. The combination of the international character of the teams and the high-level of education makes EFFECT for an interesting work environment.
As Applications Engineer at EFFECT, you will be responsible for:
- the technical promotion of EFFECTs Photonic Integrated Circuit (PIC) technology and pluggable module product portfolio to the commercial marketplace
- the preparation, transport and successful implementation of technology and product demonstrations at trade shows/exhibitions in different parts of the world
- pre- & post sales product technical support directly with customers
- ensuring customer requirements are captured within our product development activities
- providing technical support to the sales and marketing team
- providing technical review and product alignment to customer product specifications and applications requirements, including negotiation of parametric and product features
- providing first line technical support to customers
- technical support for root cause analysis of customer product returns, including management of technical issues and follow-up actions
- the preparation for optical system & network characterisations of EFFECTs pluggable modules.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
In this role, you will review customer specifications, identify non-conformances, and negotiate to ensure we have technical alignment. Experience in a customer-facing role within a technical/industrial field is required. You will also assist the customer with the characterisation of EFFECTs pluggable products/components to the target optical system requirements, technically de-risking the design-in process, and providing confidence to the customer that EFFECTs products are compatible with the requirements. You’ll also be responsible for technology and product demonstrations at international trade shows/exhibitions and at customer premises and assist with the review of competing technologies and products. You will have excellent communication skills and able to adapt your communication style to your target audience.
You will have a hands-on mentality, a pro-active collaborative ‘across-teams’ approach in solving problems and able to work independently on projects in a structured manner. As part of your responsibilities, you will be required to travel globally, sometimes at short notice, up to 1/3 of the time.
What do we have to offer?
- Working in an exciting entrepreneurial environment;
- Work on state-of-the-art technology in the photonics field;
- Be part of a very enthusiastic, highly skilled, and growing International team;
- Contribute and further develop your skills within a company that is developing advanced photonic components;
- Qualify for Stock Appreciation Rights (company stock program);
For more information regarding this position, send your questions in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this role, click here