Location: Eindhoven, the Netherlands
We are seeking a mid-level Project Manager (5-8 years of hands-on experience) with the best-in-class project management skills in project planning. You will be driving execution, tracking progress, introducing new or improved processes, and supporting product release or project completion on time and in budget.
The ideal candidate has a background in Engineering and finished at least a bachelor education. It would be a big plus if you are PMP certified.
EFFECT Photonics is a leading developer of high speed optical transceivers for communication networks based on Photonic Integrated technology. Our teams are made up of enthusiastic and energetic employees who all share a passion for developing and creating interesting products that will carry the internet of the future. The combination of the international character of the teams and the high level of education make EFFECT an interesting working environment.
As Project Manager you will;
- Develop and execute project plans and planning;
- Manage projects within specifications, time and budgets;
- Manage project progress, communicate and act on discrepancies;
- Interact with (project) management and product line management to discuss project specifications and procedures;
- Perform administrative duties such as reviewing and writing reports, approving expenditures, enforcing rules, and making decisions about the purchase of materials or services;
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The job requires a self-starter attitude. The right candidate is not afraid to take ownership of creating a project plan in collaboration with the engineering community. Following through on making sure the milestones are met on time and on budget is something that is anchored in your DNA. For this job, a can-do mentality is considered more important than extensive project management experience. The project manager will report to the Director of PLM, who is responsible for driving the different product lines. The project manager executes the plans for several products in the product roadmap.
You have demonstrated the ability to effectively manage multiple development projects simultaneously. In the past you have proven to be able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment and showed the capability to organise, plan, and prioritise work. At EFFECT we value people, so being able to establish and maintain interpersonal relationships is very important, as well as the ability to resolve conflicts and negotiate with others. You are a natural communicator in English and you possess excellent people management skills. This function also requires you to communicate with people outside the organisation.
Finally, you must be willing and open to travel – both domestic and international – up to 10% of the time.
What do we have to offer?
- Working in an exciting entrepreneurial environment;
- Working on state of the art technology;
- Being part of a very enthusiastic and highly skilled team;
- Develop your own skills and contribute to a company that is in full development;
- Stock Appreciation Rights (SAR stock program);
- Relocation assistance.
For more information regarding this position please send your question to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications via this email address will not be considered.
To apply for this job, click here.