Project Manager – Photonics Manufacturing Ramp-Up
Location: Brixham, United Kingdom
EFFECT Photonics is a cutting-edge developer of high-speed optical transceivers for communication networks based on Photonic Integrated Circuit technology. Our teams are made up of enthusiastic and energetic employees who all share a passion for developing and creating interesting products that will carry the internet of the future. The combination of the international character with the diversity, depth, and expertise of the teams make EFFECT an exciting working environment.
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager who will be responsible for the coordination, communication, planning, and budget of EFFECT’s volume ramp from the current prototype facility to a volume facility delivering high quality and high-performance products to the communication industry.
The Project Manager will work within a team of Engineering, Operations and Supply Chain to be jointly responsible for readiness for the volume ramp.
The project to transform the product output will require the support and activity of a wide range of employees within EFFECT, and also potentially development teams at equipment vendors. This role is anticipated to have no direct reports but requires very effective matrix management of operators, engineers and support staff from many functions. This will involve direct 1:1 communication, and also establishing appropriate communications.
- Project Management of the volume ramp, including;
- Supply Chain planning and coordination, including parts and equipment
- Recruitment and training of operators, technicians and support staff
- Maintenance and optimization of processes
- Prioritizing, motivating, enabling the team through effective matrix management
- Coordinate and resolve line stops
- Planning the transfer of processes from Eindhoven to Brixham
reporting of the status and issues including:
- the readiness of the equipment, people, process
- availability, inventory, and quality of materials
- reporting and visibility of the output of the line
- Through clear communication ensuring every function and employee, from operator to VP, is aligned in their efforts
- Through clear & appropriate reporting enabling the Management Team to focus on the appropriate priorities
- Clear reporting of the status and issues including:
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- We are looking for an experienced person with a master’s degree (or equivalent relevant knowledge from experience), and who has a broad knowledge and experience in project management, engineering management, and NPI development cycles.
- Excellent skills in project coordination, planning, tracking, reporting, and matrix management.
- Above average skills in knowledge of manufacturing and test of photonic devices. General knowledge and experience in semiconductor and/or telecommunications engineering.
- Knowledge and experience in transferring and establishing complex Test systems into manufacturing.
- You demonstrated the ability to deliver projects to time and budget, led projects using Prince and SCRUM methodologies and led and motivated a multidisciplinary team with colleagues from operational to engineering levels.
What do we have to offer?
- Working in an exciting entrepreneurial environment.
- Working on state-of-the-art technology.
- Being part of a very enthusiastic and highly skilled team.
- Development of your own skills, contributing to a company that is in full development.
- Stock Appreciation Rights (SAR stock program).
- Good holiday allowance.
- Working and living in the UNESCO “English Riviera Global Geopark”.
For more information regarding this position please send your question to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications via this email address will not be considered. To apply for this job, click here.
No agencies, thank you!