Principal Optical Transceiver Product Engineer
Location: Eindhoven, The Netherlands
EFFECT Photonics is searching for a full-time Principal Optical Transceiver product Engineer.
Your role is positioned between product development and product manufacturing. Together with a small team, you will be the technical owner for selected products from our optical transceiver portfolio. As such, you will be responsible for the planning and execution of product verification and validation to introduce your products into the market field. You will be performing functional analysis, statistical analysis, formal product verification, device qualification and aid the product facing team with customer acceptance.
We are looking for someone who understands the technical aspects and subsystem interactions of optical transceivers, but also a creative person with the ability to multi-task, who can self-organize and who is methodical.
- Defining and executing characterization tests for optical transceivers at 10Gb/s to 25 Gb/s.
- Defining and executing verification tests for optical transceivers at 10Gb/s to 25 Gb/s.
- Interact with design, test, controls, reliability, and manufacturing to optimize calibration methods and performance screens
- Perform statistical data analysis on small and on large data sets to characterize and improve the product with tools such as JMP or Minitab
- Participating in and lead problem-solving teams to solve issues encountered
- Drive improvements in product quality and cost during development, proto and ramp-up
- Writing the associated technical reports
- Support the Development, Quality and customer-facing team activities
- MSc in Electrical Engineering/Physics or equivalent education and experience
- 8+ years of industry experience
- Extensive Experience characterizing high-speed optical transceivers and using the associated equipment
- Knowledge of impairment in DWDM systems
- Knowledgeable of high-speed optoelectronic devices (e.g. lasers, detectors, modulators)
- Multi-disciplinary background with a demonstrated record of innovation
- Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills
What do we have to offer?
- Working in an exciting entrepreneurial environment;
- Working on state-of-the-art technology;
- Being part of a very enthusiastic and highly skilled international team;
- Develop your own skills and contribute to a company that is in full development;
- A competitive salary;
- Stock Appreciation Rights (SAR stock program);
- Relocation assistance.
For more information regarding this position please send your question to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications via this email will not be considered. For applying for this job, click here
No agencies, thank you!