PIC Reliability Engineer
Location: Eindhoven, the Netherlands
We are looking for a Photonic Integrated Circuit Reliability Engineer to provide measurement, analysis and diagnostic support. In this position, you will be working closely with designers to determine design rules and practices that can mitigate issues discovered in reliability testing. We are looking for somebody with a hands-on mentality who is not afraid to jump to provide support where necessary. The ideal candidate has an engineering background (5+ years, preferably PhD) who is experienced in semiconductor processing, data analysis and root cause analysis.
EFFECT Photonics is a cutting-edge developer of high speed optical transceivers for communication networks based on Photonic Integrated technology. Our teams are made up of enthusiastic and energetic employees who all share a passion for developing and creating interesting products that will carry the internet of the future. The combination of the international character of the teams and the high level of education make EFFECT an interesting working environment.
As PIC Reliability Engineer, you will:
- be responsible for organizing chip level reliability testing such as:
- Temperature cycling
- High current stress / accelerated lifetime tests
- Determine the parameters for these tests
- organise, analyse and visualize the data coming out of the experiments and collate everything in reports for management and customers.
- lead Root-Cause-Analysis efforts in case of failed reliability tests; typical steps involve SEM top-view and cross-section imaging, FIB, EDX, etc
- communicate directly with second and third parties, such as foundry engineers that are involved in the RCA as well as service providers
- Set up incoming chip inspection processes that ensure excellent quality
- Review foundry processes for possible reliability and quality issues
- Interface with other product teams internally to determine test and reliability strategies
- Communicate with customer engineering teams on quality and reliability plans and results
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
We are looking for a self-starting engineer who possesses broad knowledge and experience in Reliability engineering. This function requires in-depth understanding and appreciation of Photonic Device operation, manufacture and reliability (Telecoms). You also have broad experience multi-format and level communications and data handling.
In the past, you have proven to have the ability to translate customer requirements into reliability projects and implement them. You can highlight gaps in information appropriately and have shown the skill to make good decisions based on incomplete information under (time)pressure.
It is very important that you have an eye for details and that you are able to maintain meticulous record keeping. Finally, you have excellent skills in cross functional, multi-site and multi-discipline team working and you have effective influencing skills to enable project success.
What do we have to offer?
- Working in an exciting entrepreneurial environment;
- Working on state of the art technology;
- Being part of a very enthusiastic and highly skilled team;
- Develop your own skills and contribute to a company that is in full development;
- A competitive salary;
- Stock Appreciation Rights (SAR stock program);
- Relocation assistance.
For more information regarding this position please send your question to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications via this email will not be considered. To apply for this job, click here.