PIC Process Engineer
Location: Eindhoven, the Netherlands
We are looking for a Photonic Integrated Circuit (PIC) Process Engineer to liaise with different foundries to ensure that manufacturing parameters stay within tightly controlled limits. Together with the design team, the PIC Process Engineer will be responsible for determining these limits. This requires a firm understanding of both the foundry process capabilities and the PIC design
For this position, you need to possess deep knowledge of typical III-V semiconductor foundry processes such as ICP etching, lithography, wet etching of Indium Phosphide and related alloys
The ideal candidate has an engineering background (MSc or Ph.D. and 3-5 years working experience) and preferably specialised training in Statistical Data Analysis and 6-sigma.
EFFECT Photonics is a cutting-edge developer of high-speed optical transceivers for communication networks based on Photonic Integrated Circuit technology. Our teams are made up of enthusiastic and energetic employees who all share a passion for developing and creating interesting products that will carry the internet of the future. The combination of the international character of the teams and the high level of education make EFFECT an interesting working environment.
As PIC Process Engineer, you will:
- set up process specifications
- work out design rules and methods of checking the design rules
- set up wafer acceptance rules and define test methodologies
- perform Root Cause Analysis on out-of-spec wafers
- create and maintain foundry specifications that are derived from the product requirements
- create and maintain design rules
- work with the foundries to improve their processes
- contribute to process freeze
- present motivation for process changes to the change control board
- create wafer acceptance criteria
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
We are looking for a self-starting engineer who possesses a broad knowledge of and experience in the field of the design of III-V Photonic Integrated Circuits. Knowledge of generic integration in InP is a pre, but you have at least demonstrated experience in DBR/DFB laser design and fabrication. In the past, you have worked on industrial semiconductor device fabrication.
You possess skills to perform statistical analysis of measurement data (SPC) and you know how to use software tools for data analysis. You are able to understand and analyse results obtained by typical semiconductor measurement and characterization equipment such as SEM, TEM, XRD, SIMS, EDX, etc.
In previous functions, you have shown the ability to understand and contribute to process development, process fault finding, Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA). Besides this, you have experience setting up Design of Experiment (DoE) projects.
You will be working in an international environment; therefore, it is of great importance that your language (English) and communication skills are up to par.
What do we have to offer?
- Working in an exciting entrepreneurial environment;
- Working on state-of-the-art technology;
- Being part of a very enthusiastic and highly skilled team;
- Develop your own skills and contribute to a company that is in full development;
- A competitive salary;
- Stock Appreciation Rights (SAR stock program);
- Relocation assistance.
For more information regarding this position please send your question to email@example.com
Applications via this email will not be considered. To apply for this job, click here