Photonic Integrated Circuit Design (PIC) Engineer
Eindhoven, the Netherlands
EFFECT photonics is searching for a full-time Photonic Integrated Circuit Design Engineer to work on current and next generation high-speed optical communications modules. You will be designing a wide variety of active and passive components for our indium phosphide based integration platform. You will be responsible for the design of individual building blocks, such as couplers, splitters, reflectors, semiconductor amplifiers, phase modulators etc. You will also characterize fabricated circuits and test structures.
The position is located in our headquarters in Eindhoven, The Netherlands and you will support the manufacturing team in Brixham, UK.
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Responsibilities for the position include:
- Independently work on building block design, simulation and circuit analysis.
- Develop, document and execute test procedures for PIC designs.
- Perform signal integrity analysis.
- Analyze measured data, compare with simulations and prepare reports.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to create test plans for concept, design and production release validation testing.
What do we expect from you?
- Master of Science degree in Electrical, Electronics or Communications Engineering or higher.
- You possess detailed knowledge in optical design theory and measurement techniques of photonic integrated circuits.
- Experience in EM simulation with Lumerical, Photon Design and/or Phoenix tools.
- Experience with mode solvers, Beam Propagation Methods, FDTD
- Experience in the layout of photonic integrated circuits
- Experience with test equipment such as optical spectrum analysers, tunable lasers, source meters.
- Experience with manual electrical probing of integrated circuits.
- Excellent communication skills in English both oral and written.
- Hands on mentality
What do we have to offer?
- Working in an exciting entrepreneurial company environment.
- Working on state of the art technology.
- Being part of a very enthusiastic and highly skilled team.
- Develop your own skills and contribute to a company that is in full development.
- A competitive salary.
- Stock Appreciation Rights (SAR – stock program).
- Relocation assistance.
For more information regarding this position please send your question to: email@example.com
Applications via this email will not be considered. For applying for this job, click here