Optical Transceiver Product – Engineer
EFFECT photonics is searching for a full time Optical Transceiver Product Engineer to join our product team. Your main responsibility will be to support the development of high-speed optical transceiver modules with focus on productization and qualification. You will work with a cross-functional team including integrated photonics, electronics, mechanics, test, reliability, NPI and operations. You will prepare specifications for customers and the production test plans to confirm them. You will define, coordinate, and conduct qualification tests. In addition, you will be involved in performing functional, cost-benefit and risk analysis. You will also contribute to product characterization, to document performance on new systems and to provide accreditation/certification evaluation and test support.
The position is located in our headquarters in Eindhoven, The Netherlands and you will work with the manufacturing team in Brixham, UK.
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Responsibilities for the position include:
- Own the product specifications and their respective production test plans.
- Manage and drive new product production test and qualification projects.
- Transfer new products from the design team into the full scale manufacturing and operations facility.
- Perform statistical analysis of key product parameters and key stage build and test yields.
- Drive performance, yield and particularly reliability improvement projects for existing products and ramping up new products into production.
- Report program status to the line manager/project manager, customer, and senior management on a frequent basis.
- Support FA on product failure, highlight new failure modes and drive corrective action.
- Follow industry and department trends and developments to ensure EFFECT Photonics services are consistent with, and/or superior to, industry best practices.
What do we expect from you?
- Master Degree or PhD in Engineering Sciences.
- Minimum of 10 years of industry experience and a proven track record in the optics and telecommunications engineering industry.
- Experience with new product introduction through formal gate processes.
- Proficiency in data gathering, data management, and data analysis.
- Excellent organization and project management skills.
- Strong analytical and abstract thinking capability and clear and effective communication skills in English both oral and written.
What do we have to offer?
- Working in an exciting entrepreneurial company environment.
- Working on state of the art technology.
- Develop your skills in a team that combines both highly experienced industry seniors and young fast-learners.
- A competitive salary.
- Stock participation program (SARS).
- Relocation assistance.
For more information regarding this position, please call Frank Wolfs via +31(0)6 5083 7563 or contact him by mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications via this email will not be considered.
For applying for this job, click here.