Location: Brixham, United Kingdom
We are looking to expand our team with a self-propelling Operational Buyer in our UK location. We are looking for somebody with a hands-on mentality who is not afraid to jump to provide support where necessary.
EFFECT Photonics is a cutting-edge developer of high-speed optical transceivers for communication networks based on Photonic Integrated technology. Our teams are made up of enthusiastic and energetic employees who all share a passion for developing and creating interesting products that will carry the internet of the future. In this role, you will report to the Supply Chain Manager who is based in Eindhoven, The Netherlands.
In this function, you will have both an internal and external role within the company – primarily you will be dealing with suppliers and optimizing costs and reaching Long Term Cost Down, while secondarily you will be working together with the R&D-community within NPI-projects to ensure Sourcing strategies are taken into account in new projects and new products can be ramped without issues.
As an Operational Buyer you are expected to:
- Create and Manage both Bill-of-Material (BoM) and non-BoM Purchase Orders for EFFECT Photonics
- Own the delivery date of Purchase Orders in our logistic system and in communication to internal stakeholders
- Make sure goods and services are delivered on time and chase suppliers where necessary.
- Work with the engineering communities & local stakeholders regarding their requests, priorities, etc
- Cooperate with the responsible Strategic Purchaser on price
- Assure administration is kept up to date and always clear to the internal stakeholders
- Support in the shipment of goods to or from our UK or NL offices, our between both offices
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
This position requires a candidate that has a proven track record of being able to work in a dynamic environment. You are also used to work independently and able to set priorities. The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- Preferred education in Supply Chain, Logistics and Business admin or a combination of education and experience that demonstrates the required skills
- Analytical / systematic, practical approach
- Professional communication skills (reporting, interpersonal)
- Self-starter, able to work independently
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment
What do we have to offer?
- Working in an exciting entrepreneurial environment;
- Working on state of the art technology;
- Being part of a very enthusiastic and highly skilled team;
- Develop your own skills and contribute to a company that is in full development;
For more information regarding this position please send your question to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications via this email will not be considered. To apply for this job, click here