Senior Electronics Engineer
Location: Eindhoven, the Netherlands
EFFECT Photonics is searching for an experienced Electronics Engineer to work on our current and next-generation high-speed optical communications modules. In this position, you will be responsible for electronics design, PC, layout, and hardware characterization. You will work on designs for 10-500Gbps transceiver products using the latest integrated photonics technology from EFFECT Photonics.
The position is based in our headquarters in Eindhoven, The Netherlands where you will be part of the Module R&D team. In the handover from R&D to Manufacturing you will support the manufacturing team in Brixham, UK.
EFFECT Photonics is a cutting-edge developer of high-speed optical transceivers for communication networks based on Photonic Integrated technology. Our teams are made up of enthusiastic and energetic employees who all share a passion for developing and creating interesting products that will carry the internet of the future. The work environment can be described as international, creative, flexible and agile.
Responsibilities for the position include:
- Design, implement and test electronic designs, select components and make layouts for the hardware designs.
- Design high-density boards for broadband applications.
- Design high-speed electrical interfaces with I2C or SPI.
- Design RF interconnects and perform signal integrity analysis.
- Conduct experiments in the lab to verify system functionality and performance.
What do we expect from you?
- Master of Science (MSc) degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- 7+ years of experience in a similar position.
- Experience with design of high-performance analog circuits for optical transceivers.
- Proficient with Altium designer
- Good knowledge with a.o. ADC, DAC, Power Electronics, Transimpedance Amplifiers, Switching Regulators, low noise amplifiers, etc.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Hands-on mentality as in a start-up you need to be flexible!
What do we have to offer?
- Working in an exciting entrepreneurial company environment.
- Working on state-of-the-art technology.
- Being part of a very enthusiastic and highly skilled team.
- Develop your own skills and contribute to a company that is in full development.
- A competitive salary.
- Stock Appreciation Rights (SAR’s).
- Relocation assistance.
For more information regarding this position please send your question to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications via email will not be considered. To apply and express your interest please click here and send us your resume and short motivation letter.