Manufacturing Shift Manager
Location: Brixham, United Kingdom
EFFECT Photonics is a cutting-edge developer of high-speed optical transceivers for communication networks based on Photonic Integrated technology. Our teams are made up of enthusiastic and energetic employees who all share a passion for developing and creating disruptive technology that will carry the internet of the future. The combination of the international character with the diversity, depth, and expertise of the teams make EFFECT an exciting working environment.
You will lead the manufacturing facility teams to achieve Cost, Quality, and Delivery through timely execution of the Production Plan through optimum utilization of equipment and labour ensuring all operations are conducted in compliance with ISO9001 accreditation and Effect’s Health & Safety Policy. In addition, you will support new product introduction and continuous improvement initiatives to drive technology leadership and best in class operational performance.
- Monitor, Deliver and Report Operational KPI, where they are forecast to deviate implement out of control action plans which may result in escalation to the business
- Co-ordinate production start-ups, shutdowns and shift handovers providing a seamless aligned 24/7 operation.
- Carry out timely performance management reviews to provide support and development of individuals and team
- Ensure optimum stock is available to execute build plan maintaining accurate stock control and traceability.
- Champion 6S activities and the sustaining of identified improvements by carrying out regular monitoring and the delivery and sustaining of improvement activities
- Identify potential skills shortages and oversee training and skill certification of Operators
- Coordinate with support functions completion of planned preventative maintenance and calibration routines so as not to impact business performance
- Ensure all processes and procedures are conducted in compliance with the Quality Management System
- Conduct all tasks in line with Health and Safety Policy to reduce risk to yourself and others
Qualifications and Requirements
- Experience in a similar role in a relevant manufacturing industry for at least 2 years
- Educated to HNC or above (desirable) in a relevant discipline (Technology or Management)
- Working knowledge in the application of Lean Manufacturing, 6S, Continuous Improvement techniques.
- Delivery of Human Resource Policies and Procedures
- Working knowledge of MRP systems and stock control.
- Good IT skills and numeric ability to be able to collect and interrogate information
- Ability to work effectively in an ambiguous environment where changing priorities are the norm.
- Ability to provide Leadership and Motivation of the team through a strong focus on objectives and the development of the team and individual performance.
- Good communication skills – both written & oral, with the ability to communicate effectively on all levels.
- Ability to collate and use numerical data to provide information and make informed decisions
- Possess a strong personal focus on safety for themselves and those around them
- Good collaboration and teamwork skills
- Demonstrate initiative and personal drive
For more information regarding this position please send your question to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications via this email address will not be considered.
To apply for this job, click here.
No agencies, thank you!