Location: Brixham, United Kingdom
We are looking for a hands-on and Manufacturing Engineer (0-10 years of experience) to develop new products and processes effectively into Brixham, whether as low volume prototypes or next-generation production devices, coordinate with funded programs for most effective use of resources and cross-fertilization for cost reduction of the EFFECT portfolio.
In this role, you will be pushing and pulling innovation in manufacturing methods and designs for next-generation products, working with our Eindhoven-based Engineering team and other stakeholders.
EFFECT Photonics is a cutting-edge developer of high-speed optical transceivers for communication networks based on Photonic Integrated technology. Our teams are made up of enthusiastic and energetic employees who all share a passion for developing and creating interesting products that will carry the internet of the future. The combination of the international character with the diversity, depth, and expertise of the teams make EFFECT an exciting working environment.
As Manufacturing Engineer, you will:
- work on process development and design evolution or revolution for challenging volume ramp and cost reduction for next-generation photonic devices
- manage documentation development appropriate for product lifecycle
- create safe working practices
- perform PFMEA and Root cause analysis
- perform data analysis
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
We are searching for a candidate that has a broad understanding of the photonics industry and the technologies that go with it. You also have knowledge of automation implementation, production metrics, root cause analysis, and reliability expectations. In the past, you’ve demonstrated excellent skills in optics and packaging.
You demonstrated the ability to manage projects from definition to successful conclusion. You’ve shown that you can work in a cross-functional and multi-disciplinary team and that you are flexible.
It’s a pre if you have worked in an NPI and/or production environment before. Finally, you are always able to maintain cool and collected and are able to make good decisions based on incomplete information under time pressure
What do we have to offer?
- Working in an exciting entrepreneurial environment;
- Working on state-of-the-art technology;
- Being part of a very enthusiastic and highly skilled team;
- Develop your own skills and contribute to a company that is in full development;
- Stock Appreciation Rights (SAR stock program);
For more information regarding this position please send your question to email@example.com. Applications via this email address will not be considered. To apply for this job, click here.