Senior Manufacturing Process Engineer
Location: Brixham, United Kingdom
EFFECT Photonics is a cutting-edge developer of high-speed optical transceivers for communication networks based on Photonic Integrated technology. Our teams are made up of enthusiastic and energetic employees who all share a passion for developing and creating interesting products that will carry the internet of the future. The combination of the international character with the diversity, depth, and expertise of the teams make EFFECT an exciting working environment.
We are looking for a hands-on and experienced Manufacturing Engineer who has experience in ramping up of production, to develop new products and processes effectively into the Brixham manufacturing facility. This concerns low volume prototypes as well as mass production devices. You will be involved in engineering input into the design for manufacture-ability of next generation of products. Cost reduction and Lean manufacturing principles are important aspects of this role.
As Manufacturing Engineer, you will:
- work on evolutionary process development and design evolution or revolution for challenging volume ramp and cost reduction for next-generation photonic devices
- manage documentation development appropriate for product lifecycle
- create safe working practices
- perform PFMEA, Root cause, and 8D analysis
- perform data analysis
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
We are searching for a candidate that has a broad understanding of the photonics industry and the technologies that go with it. You also have knowledge of automation implementation, production metrics, root cause analysis, and reliability expectations. In the past, you’ve demonstrated excellent skills in optics and packaging. We are looking for someone with at least 6 years of relevant experience.
You demonstrated the ability to manage projects from definition to successful conclusion. You’ve shown that you can work in a cross-functional and multi-disciplinary team and that you are flexible.
It is beneficial if you have worked in an NPI and/or production environment before. Finally, you are always able to maintain cool and collected and are able to make good decisions based on incomplete information under time pressure
What do we have to offer?
- Working in an exciting entrepreneurial environment
- Working on state-of-the-art technology
- Being part of a very enthusiastic and highly skilled team
- Develop your own skills and contribute to a company that is in full development
- Stock Appreciation Rights (SAR stock program)
For more information regarding this position please send your question to email@example.com. Applications via this email address will not be considered. To apply for this job, click here.