Manufacturing Process Engineer
Location: Brixham, United Kingdom
EFFECT Photonics is a cutting-edge developer of high-speed optical transceivers for communication networks based on Photonic Integrated technology. Our teams are made up of enthusiastic and energetic employees who all share a passion for developing and creating disruptive technology that will carry the internet of the future. The combination of the international character with the diversity, depth, and expertise of the teams make EFFECT an exciting working environment.
We are looking for a hands-on and experienced Manufacturing Process Engineer who has experience in developing processes for new products, as well as taking these to volume production for a planned production ramp at our Brixham manufacturing facility.
Experience in the following areas would be advantageous: die bonding, wire bonding, laser welding, active alignment of optical components, fluid dispensing and automated material handling using pick and place.
You will be involved in engineering input to the design for manufacture-ability (DfM) of the next generation of products.
- Continual cost reduction through waste minimization by application of Lean Manufacturing principles and refined design to meet business cost targets.
- Evolutionary development of existing processes to increase throughput and reduce cost.
- Work with outside vendors to justify, specify and source equipment to introduce and implement radical process improvements to cost, throughput, quality or performance.
- Process verification through appropriate performance testing.
- Specification of appropriate preventative maintenance and critical spares to ensure maximal equipment availability to Operations.
- Management of process documentation (Work Instructions, Operating procedures, Visual Standards training, and Operator sign off procedures,) appropriate for product lifecycle.
- Training of Operators and Technicians of Process Operation and Equipment Maintenance.
- Create safe working practices by ensuring completion of process Risk Assessments and CoSHH assessments of substances used in the process.
- Address process failures by leading 8D exercises, using tools such as Root Cause Analysis, 5 Why and PFMEA.
- Using gathered parametric, SPC, yield and scrap data to drive process improvements.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
We are searching for a candidate that has a broad understanding of the photonics industry and associated technologies. You also have knowledge of automation implementation, production metrics, and reliability expectations. In the past, you’ve demonstrated excellent skills in optics and packaging. We are looking for someone with at least 6 years of relevant experience.
You demonstrated the ability to manage projects from definition to successful conclusion. You’ve shown that you can work in a cross-functional and multi-disciplinary team and that you are flexible.
It is beneficial if you have worked in an NPI and/or production environment before. Finally, you are always able to maintain cool and collected and can make good decisions based on incomplete information under time pressure
What do we have to offer?
- Working in an exciting entrepreneurial environment.
- Working on state-of-the-art technology.
- Being part of a very enthusiastic and highly skilled team.
- Development of your own skills, contributing to a company that is in full development.
- Stock Appreciation Rights (SAR stock program).
- Good holiday allowance.
- Working and living in the “Jurassic Coast”, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
For more information regarding this position please send your question to email@example.com. Applications via this email address will not be considered. To apply for this job, click here.