Lead Hardware Engineer
Eindhoven, the Netherlands
We want to expand our team with an exceptional team leader for our hardware team, whose main responsibility is to provide technical and personal leadership to a team of highly skilled engineers. The Hardware team is responsible for all engineering activities from proof-of-concept to product release in system engineering, electronics & RF design and optomechanics. You will act as a ‘working supervisor’, which means your job consists of 50% engineering and 50% coaching and guiding the team.
The ideal candidate has a strong engineering background (5-8 years, MSc. in Engineering) and experience in leading engineering teams up to 10 people.
As the Lead Hardware Engineer, you will:
- Provide leadership to the Hardware team. Take ownership of product development schedules, priorities, risk assessments and design quality for the module team;
- Build a culture in the team that suits the needs of our company;
- Interact with (project) management, product line management, and our production facilities to discuss project specifications and procedures;
- Analyse technology and resource needs to plan and assess the feasibility of projects.
Provide high-level insight at design reviews and into multi-disciplinary problems across all active projects;
- Develop and implement an efficient way-of-working for the team;
- Perform administrative tasks such as reviewing and writing reports & approving expenses/resources/etc.;
- Support the recruitment of new team members; assign, direct, and evaluate their work.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
We are looking for a self-starting Lead Engineer with a knack for coaching and guiding teams and people. In addition, we expect outstanding skills in decision-making and problem-solving. For this function, it is essential to have broad knowledge and experience in hardware design, both electrical and mechanical. You possess general knowledge of verification and validation processes. Experience with PCB design is a big plus.
You’ve demonstrated the ability to understand complex technical designs and you are experienced in drafting and managing requirements. In the past, you have delivered innovative solutions that raised the bar and you have showed the capability to organise, plan and prioritise work of both yourself and others.
At EFFECT we value people, so being able to establish and maintain interpersonal relationships is very important, as well as the ability to resolve conflicts and negotiate with others.
You probably have an MSc in electrical/mechanical engineering or physics, with several follow-up courses in Coaching and Team Leading. For sure we will also look at all your relevant hands-on experience.
What do we have to offer?
- Working in an exciting entrepreneurial environment;
- Working on state of the art technology;
- Being part of a very enthusiastic and highly skilled team;
- Develop your own skills and contribute to a company that is in full development;
- A competitive salary;
- Stock Appreciation Rights (SAR stock program);
For more information regarding this position please send your question to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications via this email address will not be considered. To apply for this job, click here