IT Manager high-tech scale up (UK)
Location: Brixham, United Kingdom
EFFECT Photonics is a cutting-edge developer of high-speed optical transceivers for communication networks based on photonic integrated technology. Our teams are made up of enthusiastic and energetic employees who all share a passion for developing and creating interesting products that will carry the internet of the future. The team consists of around 115 employees located in the Netherlands and UK offices.
We are looking for an IT Manager for our UK (Brixham) site who is responsible for the delivery of IT services and support, with a focus on the manufacturing facility. This is a hands-on IT position supporting the Brixham office and manufacturing systems. You will have experience in a Microsoft Windows 10 office environment, using Microsoft Office 365, Google tools and Dropbox. You will also need to support 3rd party data analysis tools and document management systems, and be responsible for the network connectivity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acts as primary IT point of contact.
- Works with peers to ensure manufacturing networks, systems, processes, and procedures are clearly documented and shares operational knowledge.
- Hands-on technical manager, able to provide all levels of hardware and software technical support.
- Implement the company’s IT goals to maintain and improve the software and hardware located at the site.
- Maintain and improve the local network infrastructure and external connectivity in conjunction with the University of Plymouth team.
- Proactively monitor the status of our networks and systems to ensure proper functionality.
- Work closely with team members across departments to come up with long term improvements, development plans, and initiatives.
- Works with business stakeholders to ensure project delivery expectations are communicated and met.
- Participates in ongoing maintenance, testing, and governance of business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Procure, setup and maintain all IT infrastructure (including workstation provisioning/repurposing), maintain accounts and licenses.
- Out-of-hours support where necessary.
- Work closely with the IT teams in other sites.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree required in relevant discipline.
- 7+ years of desktop and network support experience.
- 2+ years of manufacturing-related IT experience.
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Windows Workstation and Server.
- First-hand experience of deploying and using Microsoft Active Directory.
- Configuration of routers, firewalls, and VPN.
- Virtualisation technologies and Microsoft Azure.
- Linux operating systems.
- Experience of SQL Server, C# and Python would be advantageous.
- Right to work in the UK
For more information regarding this position please send your question to email@example.com. Applications via this email address will not be considered. To apply for this job, click here.
No agencies, thank you!