IT Manager high-tech scale up (NL)
Location: Eindhoven, The Netherlands
EFFECT Photonics is a cutting-edge developer of high-speed optical transceivers for communication networks based on Photonic Integrated technology. Our teams are made up of enthusiastic and energetic employees who all share a passion for developing and creating interesting products that will carry the internet of the future. The work environment can be described as international (about 26 nationalities), creative, flexible and agile. The team consists of around 115 employees of which approximately 65% are in Eindhoven, the Headquarters.
We are looking for a talented, diligent IT expert to take up end-to-end hands-on responsibility of all our site’s IT needs – ranging from Network design to day-to-day user issues (e.g. printer issues) to ensure that all computing operations in the company run with optimal performance and security. The infrastructure of Effect Photonics is currently a hybrid setup consisting of both on-premises infrastructure, cloud-based SaaS applications, windows stand-alone applications, windows client-server applications, and mobile apps. These include a combination of business and engineering applications hosted on desktop computers and special laboratory computers. The on-premises data-center infrastructure consists of hypervisors and virtual machines.
This is an interesting challenge for someone looking to set up a new, modern, cloud-based, agile, scalable, flexible and secure workplace solution that is future-proof to the needs of Effect Photonics. The successful candidate will be involved in the planning and delivery of the overall IT Project roadmap.
- Assessing the company’s network needs and designing data network systems.
- Configuring and maintaining the networked computer system, including hardware, system software, and applications; Upgrade systems with new releases and models
- Implementing new network and data storage systems while ensuring data is stored securely and backed up regularly.
- Diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, networking, and system issues when they arise.
- Monitoring system performance to ensure everything runs smoothly and securely – Ensure security through access controls, backups, and firewalls
- Providing technical support when requested – Troubleshoot issues (software and hardware related – e.g. from servers to company-owned mobile phones) and outages
- Procure and set up all IT infrastructure (including workstation provisioning/repurposing); asset management and maintaining accounts and licenses
- Documenting any processes which employees need to follow in order to successfully work within our computing system.
- Build an internal wiki with technical documentation, manuals and, IT policies
- Handle any additional jobs, tasks, or responsibilities related to IT
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Previous experience as a network architect/administrator, database administrator and computer systems analyst
- Relevant Degree or Diploma in Information Systems or Information Technology; familiarity with SQL and database operations.
- Full knowledge of computer networking components
- Knowledge of communication technologies such as wireless, mobile applications and telecommunications systems
- Microsoft MCSE certification or similar; Familiarity with Microsoft Azure technologies
- Past experience administering server-side technology and networked computing systems, familiarity with Linux is a plus
- Ability to prioritize a wide range of workloads with critical deadlines.
- Well-trained in all aspects of project management, such as team-building, staff training, and scheduling.
- Availability outside of working hours to resolve emergency issues promptly.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Patient and professional demeanor, with a can-do attitude.
For more information regarding this position please send your question to email@example.com. Applications via this email address will not be considered. To apply for this job, click here.
No agencies, thank you!