Hardware (Engineering) Technician
Location: Brixham, United Kingdom
EFFECT Photonics is a cutting-edge developer of high-speed optical transceivers for communication networks based on Photonic Integrated technology. Our teams are made up of enthusiastic and energetic employees who all share a passion for developing and creating disruptive technology that will carry the internet of the future. The combination of the international character with the diversity, depth, and expertise of the teams make EFFECT an exciting working environment.
You will support the manufacturing facility to achieve Cost, Quality and Delivery through the design and manufacture of bespoke test equipment and subassemblies, focussing on efficient ergonomic use compliant with all current Health & Safety regulations and site ISO9001 accreditation.
You will also support the preventative maintenance, refurbishment, and calibration of all equipment through planned schedules with focus on maximizing availability.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Design and build of Test Equipment and subassemblies from Engineering instructions
- Support the new equipment introduction and validation through gauge R&R
- Provide a prioritized list of components to purchasing to enable timely delivery of all hardware in support of Production Plan
- Maintain a cost-effective spares list
- Contribute to the development of Project Plans and responsible for the execution
- Maximize equipment availability through planned preventative maintenance and implementation of SMED
- Produce and maintain all relevant documentation
- Work closely with Process Technicians to distinguish process-related issues from test equipment influences
- Contribute to the pursuit of business improvements in a controlled manner
- Ensure all processes and procedures are conducted in compliance with the Quality Management System
- Conduct all tasks in line with Health and Safety Policy to reduce risk to yourself and others
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience in a similar role in a relevant manufacturing industry for at least 5 years, or a relevant NVQ level 4
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced technical team environment where changing priorities are the norm
- Broad knowledge of and experience in Mechanics, Electronics, and Software
- Experience in the implementation of ISO9001 requirements
- Work to IPC J-STD-001, requirements for soldered electrical and electronic assemblies
- Work to IPC-A-610, acceptability of electronic assemblies
- Work to BS 7671:2018 requirements for electrical installations
- Ability to Interpret engineering drawings and models
- Judgment in resolving complex nonstandard problems and developing recommendations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to collate and use numerical data to provide information and make informed decisions
- Good collaboration and teamwork skills
- Demonstrate initiative and personal drive for Continuous Improvement
- Possess a strong personal focus on safety for themselves and those around them
What do we have to offer?
- Working in an exciting entrepreneurial environment.
- Working on state-of-the-art technology.
- Being part of a very enthusiastic and highly skilled team.
- Development of your own skills, contributing to a company that is in full development.
- Stock Appreciation Rights (SAR stock program).
- Good holiday allowance.
- Working and living on the “English Riviera”, a UNESCO Global Geopark.
For more information regarding this position please send your question to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications via this email will not be considered. For applying for this job, click here
No agencies, thank you!