Product Quality Assurance Engineer
Location: Brixham, United Kingdom
EFFECT Photonics is a cutting-edge developer of high-speed optical transceivers for communication networks based on Photonic Integrated technology. Our teams are made up of enthusiastic and energetic employees who all share a passion for developing and creating disruptive technology that will carry the internet of the future. The combination of the international character with the diversity, depth, and expertise of the teams make EFFECT an exciting working environment.
We are looking for an experienced Quality professional to work on effective Quality Assurance compliance to ISO9001:2015, with internal and external stakeholders.
The ideal candidate has a hands-on mentality and is not afraid to intervene to provide support where necessary. You preferably have a degree in a relevant discipline or Quality Assurance experience in a High-Tech Industry.
We like to get in touch with suitable candidates since we have the plan to open up this position in the nearby future.
Your responsibilities are:
- Support cross-functional teams with investigations of Customer Issues & Customer returns through to root cause and assist generation and approval of 8D corrective action reports.
- Support Customer audits, compiling of Customer questionnaires & spec compliance review.
- Verify the implementation and effectiveness of corrective actions resulting from Internal audits, Customer Returns, Customer issues, etc.
- Drive for Continuous improvement in shipped product quality and Customer Satisfaction.
Operations / Business Support
- Participate in Internal Business System Audits & Manufacturing Process Audits in accordance with audit plans and ISO9001:2015 requirements.
- Encourage & improve quality awareness, through product line quality metrics, quality improvement initiatives, corrective action management, change control approval & implementation.
- Trainer / Mentor for quality initiatives including problem-solving tools, visual inspection training, etc
- Provide Quality Engineering support to the product line manufacturing and engineering teams as required.
- Support NPI DFX teams through participation in FMEA reviews and provide inputs from relevant design-related Customer returns/issues.
- Final QA Release – Perform Certificate of Conformance Checks / Final release.
- Evaluate product on hold at independent inspection stages.
- Monitor Product line SPQL metrics through trend & gap analysis with feedback to teams.
- Planning & development of Quality controls in Manufacturing.
- Support and assist Production with the implementation of Just-in-time lean manufacturing principles including 5S and Visible Factory reporting.
- Co-Ordinate Non-Conforming Material dispositions through Material review board.
- Evaluate Visual inspection rejects on hold at key inspection stages.
- Supporting continuous improvement initiatives as required within Operations.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- BSc Degree and minimal 7 years’ experience
- Specialized background in Photonics Manufacturing would be an advantage.
- Experience with Product development – NPI programs
- Experience with FMEA, 8D, ISO9001:2015, 5S
- Production assembly and test methods associated with electronic or photonics products
- Excellent skills in analyze failures and identify root cause, conduct successful FA investigations,
- Above average skills in statistical data analysis
- Report and present findings effectively
- You have an analytical mind with strong problem-solving skills.
What do we have to offer?
- Working in an exciting entrepreneurial environment.
- Working on state-of-the-art technology.
- Being part of a very enthusiastic and highly skilled team.
- Development of your own skills, contributing to a company that is in full development.
- Stock Appreciation Rights (SAR stock program).
- Good holiday allowance.
- Working and living in the “Jurassic Coast”, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
For more information regarding this position please send your question to email@example.com
Applications via this email address will not be considered. To apply for this job, click here
Acquisition to this vacancy, by employment agencies, is not appreciated!