Quality and Reliability Engineer
Location: Brixham, United Kingdom
We are looking for a Quality and Reliability Engineer to provide measurement, analysis and diagnostic support for introduction and manufacture of photonic products. The Q&R tasks apply to the modules at all levels from Photonic Integrated Circuit to integrated module to allow timely introduction and cost-effective ramp of reliable products.
We are looking for somebody with a hands-on mentality who is not afraid to intervene to provide support where necessary. The ideal candidate has an engineering or science degree and significant experience in telecommunication or electronic component reliability.
EFFECT Photonics is a cutting-edge developer of high speed optical transceivers for communication networks based on Photonic Integrated technology. Our teams are made up of enthusiastic and energetic employees who all share a passion for developing and creating interesting products that will carry the internet of the future. The combination of the international character with the diversity, depth and expertise of the teams make EFFECT an exciting working environment.
As Quality & Reliability Engineer, you will:
- Provide measurement and analysis support to Q&R programs
- Provide second level and deeper support of line, qualification and life-test failures.
- Document and communicate findings to all levels of the organisation and to customers to ensure that failures are not perpetuated.
- Design and manage experiments to economically understand reliability of products and processes
- Analyse and present data from multiple sources
- Understand root causes of defects
- Work with suppliers to understand and monitor their capabilities; document and present data obtained to influence future engineering activities.
- Implement and monitor corrective actions
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
We are looking for a self-starting engineer who possesses broad knowledge and experience in Q&R engineering. This function requires in-depth understanding and appreciation of Photonic Device operation, manufacture and reliability (for telecommunication applications). You will also have broad experience in data handling and communication at multiple levels and in multiple formats.
In the past, you have proved to have the ability to translate customer requirements into reliability projects and implement them. You are able to highlight gaps in information appropriately and have shown the skill to make good decisions based on incomplete information under (time) pressure.
It is very important that you have an eye for detail and that you are able to maintain meticulous records. Finally, you have excellent skills in cross functional, multi-site and multi-discipline team working and you have effective influencing skills to enable project success.
What do we have to offer?
- Working in an exciting entrepreneurial environment;
- Working on state of the art technology;
- Being part of a very enthusiastic and highly skilled team;
- Develop your own skills and contribute to a company that is in full development;
- A competitive salary;
- Stock Appreciation Rights (SAR stock program);
For more information regarding this position please send your question to: email@example.com. Applications via this email will not be considered.
To apply for this job, click here