Test and Measurement Engineer
EFFECT Photonics is searching for a full-time Test and Measurement Engineer to join our Product R&D team located in Brixham, Devon (UK) and collaborate closely with various teams in Product R&D, NPI and Operations both in Brixham as well as in Eindhoven (The Netherlands). As Test and Measurement Engineer you are responsible for the development and support of the various (production) test setups.
This is an opportunity to join a fast-paced start-up environment where you will be involved in delivering the next-generation EFFECT Photonics advanced photonic modules and manufacturing infrastructure.
Responsibilities for the position include:
- Development of experimental and production test setups where the key competences are;
- the development of mechanical jigging with support of a mechanical engineer,
- developing and verifying of test automation,
- knowledge of electrical engineering and
- in-depth understanding of software for providing the required support and implementing improvements.
- Provide engineering support to the NPI and Operations team across different process and test stations.
- Train internal operations technical personnel in the use and support of production test equipment, test programs, and/or debug processes.
- Understand capabilities and limitations of characterization equipment (e.g. optical power, optical spectrum, thermal performance) by Gauge R&R and calibration methods.
- Working with Product Engineers to extract information from the Test Data
What do we expect from you?
- MSc degree in Electrical Engineering, Embedded Software or equivalent.
- 2+ years of relevant industry experience
- Hands-on mentality and a pro-active approach in solving problems and independently work on projects in a structured manner.
- Experience in optical testing or semiconductor testing is a plus.
- Knowledge of programming languages C/C++ and Python.
- Understanding of general electrical and mechanical design practices.
- Experience with the use of databases.
- Familiarity with fiber optics is desirable.
- Strong communication skills, a hands-on approach and a willingness to work in a cross-functional and multi-national team.
- Candidate must have right to work in the UK.
- Ability to travel to our location in Eindhoven
What do we have to offer?
- You will work on state of the art technology together with an enthusiastic and highly skilled team of international colleagues.
- A full-time position with competitive terms based at EFFECT Photonics facility at Brixham Laboratory, Devon.
- The opportunity to develop your own skills while contributing to a rapidly expanding company.
- A very competitive benefits package including salary, stock participation program (SARS), pension scheme and relocation assistance.
For more information regarding this position please send your question to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications via this email will not be considered. For applying for this job, click here