Senior Test Engineer
EFFECT photonics is searching for a full-time Senior Test Engineer with experience in optical transceivers and components test development. You will serve as a senior member of a team responsible for developing characterization and production test programs and test stations for new products. You will join a fast-paced start-up environment where you will need to implement meaningful, precise measurements while the product, test sets and data structures are still evolving. You will collaborate closely with various teams in Product R&D, NPI and Operations to achieve the required goals.
The position is located in our headquarters in Eindhoven and you will support the manufacturing team in Brixham, UK.
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Responsibilities for the position include:
- Work with Design Engineers and Product Engineers to develop test plans and methods to meet our customer specifications.
- Independently work on test automation and production test stations for fiber optic modules and components.
- Assist in defining Design for Testability (DFT) guidelines and drive implementation during the hardware design process.
- Train internal operations technical personnel in the use and support of production test equipment, test programs, and/or debug processes.
- Qualify test stations to demonstrate adequate GR&R and stability.
- Understand capabilities and limitations of characterization equipment (e.g. RF, optical power, optical spectrum, thermal performance) by GR&R and calibration methods.
What do we expect from you?
- Master of Science (MSc) degree in a relevant engineering field or higher.
- 7+ years industry experience with Factory Automation and/or Automated Test Equipment design.
- Demonstrated capability with characterization of optical transceiver devices in Telecom or other applications.
- Experience in Analog, Digital, Optical and/or RF test and debug techniques of high complexity systems.
- Knowledge of programming languages C/C++ and Python.
- Strong analytic and data analysis/mining skills.
- Experience with the use of databases is a plus.
- Experience with Telcordia reliability testing standards and methodology is a plus.
What do we have to offer?
- Working in an exciting entrepreneurial company environment.
- Working on state of the art technology.
- Being part of a very enthusiastic and highly skilled team.
- Develop your own skills and contribute to a company that is in full development.
- A competitive salary.
- Stock participation program (SARS).
- Relocation assistance.
For more information regarding this position, please send your question to: email@example.com
Applications via this email will not be considered.
For applying for this job, click here