Senior Software Engineer
EFFECT Photonics, a developer of optical transceivers for high-speed telecommunication networks based on Photonic Integration technology, is seeking a full-time Senior Software Engineer to contribute to the team in Eindhoven and to support the engineering team in Brixham, UK. You will directly report to our Chief Technical Officer and closely cooperate with our Chip Engineering manager.
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Responsibilities for this position:
At EFFECT we are a data-driven company. We gather data at every stage of our production cycle, from the test-cells on our wafers to opto-electrical performance of our subassemblies and final product. Each device produced is uniquely identified and tracked all the way to product and onto the customer site. The candidate will be responsible for defining, building and maintaining a comprehensive data warehouse in the broadest sense of the word. Leading a team of two junior software engineers, you will be responsible that data is gathered at every stage, stored in a logical manner and made available to operators, engineers and (senior) management at the appropriate level of detail. The goal is to ensure that information flows timely and securely within the organization as well as to suppliers and customers.
A suitable candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Software Engineering or Electrical Engineering, or another technical field with a proven affinity for software development.
- Skilled in: Data handling (currently MySQL driven), Web Front-end (currently CakePHP), Desktop Front-end (Python, QT), Application Interfacing (APIs, such as REST), Interfacing Measurement Equipment (C/C++, GPIB, RS232 TCP/IP and USB.)
- Able to create and enforce policies for effective data management. Formulate techniques for quality data collection to ensure adequacy, accuracy and legitimacy of data. Devise and implement efficient and secure procedures for data handling and analysis with attention to all technical aspects.
- Able to work independently, i.e. a hands-on-approach.
- Able to translate user requirements into software solutions and implement them. Make sure that software is well suited to the user, at both the production and R&D site.
- Familiar with Scrum method and able to perform role of Product Owner and / or Scrum Master.
- Fluent in written and spoken English, Dutch is a pre.
What we offer:
- Working in an exciting entrepreneurial company environment
- Working on state of the art technology
- Being part of a very enthusiastic and highly skilled team
- Being able to develop your own (entrepreneurial) skills and contribute to a company that is in full development
- A competitive salary
For more information call Nick Schilders +31 (0)403041359
For applying for this job, click here.