Semiconductor Foundry Engineering Manager
Location: Eindhoven, the Netherlands
EFFECT Photonics is a cutting-edge developer of high speed optical transceivers for communication networks based on Photonic Integrated technology. Our teams are made up of enthusiastic and energetic employees who all share a passion for developing and creating interesting products that will carry the internet of the future. The combination of the international character of the teams and the high level of education make EFFECT an interesting working environment.
We are seeking a Semiconductor Foundry Engineering Manager, to act as a technical interface between Photonic Integrated Circuit (PIC) design team, PIC suppliers, and supply chain management.
In this function, you work closely with the PIC designers and PIC suppliers to architect new processing platforms, considering fabrication capability and product requirements. As Semiconductor Foundry Engineering Manager, you also supervise process development activities at suppliers, you lead FMEA and RCA activities within the company, and drive these topics towards suppliers. Lastly, you are responsible for setting up a structured platform qualification and release process.
The ideal candidate has a strong engineering background (10+ years) and holds a BSc or MSc in Electronics, Physics or Chemical Engineering.
The Semiconductor Foundry Engineering Manager will:
- Act as general technical contact point into PIC suppliers
- Architect new process platforms together with PIC designers and PIC suppliers
- Supervise and steer process development and release new processes into Process Freeze
- Structure platform qualification and release process
- Supervise Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) and Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Advise and drive suppliers on process stabilization and Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Audit quality control system
- Specify reliability and qualification requirements
- Derive design rules from process capability
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
We are looking for a self-starting manger with broad knowledge and experience in semiconductor manufacturing processes and process development, and hands-on skills working with semiconductor manufacturing equipment. You have demonstrated the ability to conduct FMEA, RCA and SPC analyses. In the past, you have showed the capability to organise, plan, and prioritise work to ensure timely delivery.
At EFFECT we value people, so being able to establish and maintain interpersonal relationships is very important, as well as the ability to resolve conflicts and negotiate with others. You have experience work with teams that are both internal as external and of international character. As the function requires you to communicate with people outside the organisation, excellent written and verbal communication skills in English are of great importance. Finally, you must be willing and open to travel – both domestic and international – up to 10% of the time.
What do we have to offer?
- Working in an exciting entrepreneurial environment;
- Working on state of the art technology;
- Being part of a very enthusiastic and highly skilled team;
- Develop your own skills and contribute to a company that is in full development;
- A competitive salary;
- Stock Appreciation Rights (SAR stock program);
- Relocation assistance.
For more information regarding this position please send your question to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications via this email will not be considered. For applying for this job, click here