Python Developer (Software Engineer)
Location: Eindhoven, the Netherlands
As a Python Developer the person filling this position is required to create software solutions using python and other technologies to help the automation of the measurement process in collaboration with other members or the team. At Effect we have a plethora of Test and Measurement equipment, These all interface to software so all measurements can be automated. The data acquired in this way is sent to a cloud based infrastructure for storage and analysis. The candidate will be responsible for the development of different web interfaces to facilitate and automate the testing processes by designing web-based views (Django) or windows based gui using pythonQt.
As a Python engineer the candidate will also have a key involvement into automation, implementation development and deployment of software solutions using python frameworks and cloud solutions. As a consequence he/she will actively participate in the analysis and discussion problems with the team and find the best solution.
- Develop reliable and testable Python software solutions using Django, pythonQt, Postgresql, RestApi frameworks.
- Planning and completing projects independently and regular documentation of their progress.
- Assist in architecting systems and applications for our Data Platform.
- Translate business requirements into specific technical tasks.
- Deployment of the project and issue Tracking when needed.
- Be an active contributing part of the Scrum Team by working closely with other members and offering support for our internal engineering teams.
- Willing and able to learn new frameworks on demand
- Broad knowledge and experience in: Service Oriented Architecture
- Above average skills in: Relational Database Design and modelling, SQL, Postgress, NoSQL databases (could be one of Mongodb, Cassandra or Redis)
- Excellent skills and profound knowledge in: Python, Django, DjangoRestFramework, pythonQT, Debugging
- General knowledge of: Version Control, Cloud Platforms
Demonstrated ability to:
- Understanding design patterns and OOP concepts
- Large scale software design
- Work independently
- Deliver clean, extensible and robust code through rapid development cycles with documentation and version control.
- Experience in: Python Testing(any testing framework; good if it was pytest), both unit test and integration testing, AWS, Scrum, building data platforms (Data engineering), Numpy, Pandas.
- Other: Familiarity with containers (Docker), Continuous Delivery and Integration, familiarity with Linux. Solution Oriented, Celery, Rabbitmq.
- Nice to have: Experience with frontend frameworks such as Angular or ReactJS, Experience in data visualization networks (D3js or other), Airflow, Dask
- Degree or equivalent experience: In computer science, software engineering, system engineering, or a related engineering field.
- Years of experience: 3 – 5 year experience in python
What do we have to offer?
- Working in an exciting entrepreneurial environment;
- Working on state of the art technology;
- Being part of a very enthusiastic and highly skilled team;
- Develop your own skills and contribute to a company that is in full development;
- A competitive salary;
- Stock Appreciation Rights (SAR stock program);
- Relocation assistance.
For more information regarding this position please send your question to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications via this email will not be considered. For applying for this job, click here