Project Manager Customer Projects
Location: Eindhoven, the Netherlands
EFFECT Photonics is a cutting-edge developer of high speed optical transceivers for communication networks based on Photonic Integrated technology. Our teams are made up of enthusiastic and energetic employees who all share a passion for developing and creating interesting products that will carry the internet of the future. The combination of the international character of the teams and the high level of education make EFFECT an interesting working environment.
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager for the coordination of EFFECTs multi-million-dollar customer development projects in the telecommunications industry. The Project Manager will be responsible for the planning of these projects, monitoring the budget and the internal and external communications.
The ideal candidate has a strong background in project management (5-10 years) and broad experience in project management, customer interaction, engineering management and NPI development cycles. A MSc or higher is required for this position.
The Project Manager (Customer Projects) will:
- manage all customer coordination and interaction e.g. setting up and facilitating meetings and reviews;
- be responsible for the planning and coordination of the project;
- manage requirements and expectations by agreeing on development methodology with customers;
- be responsible for the implementation of the methodology with the team;
- guard the project budget and make decisions accordingly;
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
We are looking for a self-starting manager with excellent talent for planning, tracking and project coordination. You have demonstrated the ability to maintain a helicopter view of the multi-million, multi-year project with the customer to ensure decisions are made timely and adequately. The short-term planning spans over several days or weeks and over multiple sites and multiple fields of advanced technology. In semiconductor technologies, the daily activities over the course of two weeks, such as a chip tape-out, impact the long-term course of the project significantly. The Project Manager is responsible, and therefore you need to have affinity with the detailed planning and how it impacts the long-term goals to ensure the long-term plan remains on target.
To be able to communicate and manage effectively, you need to possess general knowledge of electrical engineering, semiconductor engineering and telecommunications. As this function requires you to communicate with people outside the organisation. Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English are therefore of great importance. Finally, you must be willing and open to travel – both domestic and international – up to 10% of the time.
What do we have to offer?
- Working in an exciting entrepreneurial environment;
- Working on state of the art technology;
- Being part of a very enthusiastic and highly skilled team;
- Develop your own skills and contribute to a company that is in full development;
- A competitive salary;
- Stock Appreciation Rights (SAR stock program);
- Relocation assistance.
For more information regarding this position please send your question to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications via this email will not be considered. For applying for this job, click here