Photonic Integrated Circuit Test Engineer
We are looking for an experienced Photonic Integrated Circuit (PIC) Test Engineer. In this function, you will be responsible for performing electro-optical measurements on our Photonic Integrated Circuits.
At EFFECT Photonics we continuously strive to improve our Photonic Integration Platform. Validating the performance of various building blocks is an essential part of this. To support this, we have a large lab area with different optical measurement setups.
The ideal candidate has an engineering background and holds a BSc or MSc in Electrical Engineering, Photonics or Physics.
EFFECT Photonics is a cutting-edge developer of high speed optical transceivers for communication networks based on Photonic Integrated technology. Our teams are made up of enthusiastic and energetic employees who all share a passion for developing and creating interesting products that will carry the internet of the future. The combination of the international character of the teams and the high level of education make EFFECT an interesting working environment.
Our future PIC Test Engineer will:
- use our test setups to perform measurements with our in-house automation software
- work closely with PIC designers to close the loop between measurement results and design
- develop measurement scripts for our automated measurement setups
- mounting of test cells on chucks to facilitate measurements
To improve our PICs, this we have a large lab area with different optical measurement setups. You will be responsible for performing various kinds of measurements, among which, but not limited to:
- Laser LI sweeps
- Diode IV sweeps
- Capturing laser spectra under various current and temperature conditions
- Waveguide loss measurements
- Wafer prober measurements on finished wafers for good die identification
Besides performing the measurements, you will also be responsible for developing scripts that automate the various measurements.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
We are looking for a self-starting engineer who has shown great skills in measuring electro-optical parameters of PICs. You have also demonstrated excellent skills in using optical measurement test benches. Aligning optical fibres to chip facets is something you have done before. You have also shown the ability to perform DC probing of integrated circuits using either single probes or multiprobes.
You have general knowledge of measurement on optical chips and have worked with or studied active/passive indium phosphide PICs. Experience with C++ is a pre, to allow you to automate our test setups. Lastly, you are a true team player and possess excellent communication skills. As EFFECT is an international company, it is important that you can speak English fluently.
What do we have to offer?
- Working in an exciting entrepreneurial environment;
- Working on state of the art technology;
- Being part of a very enthusiastic and highly skilled team;
- Develop your own skills and contribute to a company that is in full development;
- A competitive salary;
- Stock Appreciation Rights (SAR stock program);
- Relocation assistance.
For more information regarding this position please send your question to: email@example.com
Applications via this email will not be considered. For applying for this job, click here