Photonic Integrated Circuit Radio Frequency Test Engineer
We are looking for an experienced Photonic Integrated Circuit (PIC) Radio Frequency (RF) Test Engineer. In this function, you will be responsible for performing RF electro-optical measurements on our Photonic Integrated Circuits.
At EFFECT Photonics we continuously strive to improve our Photonic Integration Platform. Determining the RF performance of various building blocks is an essential part of this. To support this, we have a large lab area with different optical and electro-optical measurement setups
The ideal candidate has an engineering background (2+ years) and holds a BSc or MSc in Electrical Engineering, Photonics or Physics.
EFFECT Photonics is a cutting-edge developer of high speed optical transceivers for communication networks based on Photonic Integrated technology. Our teams are made up of enthusiastic and energetic employees who all share a passion for developing and creating interesting products that will carry the internet of the future. The combination of the international character of the teams and the high level of education make EFFECT an interesting working environment.
Our future PIC RF Test Engineer will:
- determine small-signal RF electro-optic parameters of our building blocks.
- determine large-signal RF performance of our building blocks.
- use our test setups to perform measurements with our in-house automation software
- work closely with PIC designers to close the loop between RF measurement results and design
- develop measurement scripts for our automated measurement setups
You will also be responsible for performing various kinds of measurements, among which, but not limited to:
- Chip level Mach-Zehnder modulator RF characterization, both small and large signal
- Chip level Laser linewidth measurements
- Module level large signal measurements
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
We are looking for a self-starting engineer who has shown great skills in measuring high-speed Electro-optical devices. You have also demonstrated excellent skills in using optical measurement test benches. C++ experience would be nice to have for this job, to enable you to automate our test setups. Aligning optical fibres to chip facets is something you have done before and RF probing of integrated circuits using GSG and SG RF probes is a piece of cake for you. You have also shown the ability to perform DC probing of integrated circuits using either single probes or multiprobes.
You have general knowledge of measurement on optical chips and have worked with or studied active/passive indium phosphide PICs. Lastly, you are a true team player and possess excellent communication skills. As EFFECT is an international company, it is important that you can speak English fluently.
What do we have to offer?
- Working in an exciting entrepreneurial environment;
- Working on state of the art technology;
- Being part of a very enthusiastic and highly skilled team;
- Develop your own skills and contribute to a company that is in full development;
- A competitive salary;
- Stock Appreciation Rights (SAR stock program);
- Relocation assistance.
For more information regarding this position please send your question to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications via this email will not be considered. For applying for this job, click here