PCB DESIGN ENGINEER
EFFECT photonics is searching for a full time PCB Design Engineer with a mechanical and preferably a thermal analysis background. You are responsible for the layout of electrical high-speed driver- and receiver PCB’s for optical communication modules. You will improve existing design by reducing costs and increasing robustness and reliability. You will write and develop test plans following best practice electrical engineering techniques. The office will be on our headquarter in Eindhoven and you will support the engineering team in Brixham, UK.
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Responsibilities for the position include:
- You create electrical designs for high-speed (>10Gb/s) driver- and receiver PCB’s.
- Independently work on schematic and PCB design, RF interconnect design and deliver high-speed digital design.
- Actively contribute in supply chain management.
- Produce documentation for vendors and internal staff.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to create test plans for concept, design and production release validation testing.
- Pre if you have experience in analyzing thermal performance of PCB’s and mechanics
What do we expect from you?
- Bachelor (HBO) of Science or Engineering accredited degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in PCB design.
- You possess detailed knowledge of RF & signal integrity issues and PCB DFM analysis.
- Experience with high-speed PCB design such as PCI Express, HDMI, Infiniband or Ethernet is required
- Excellent communication skills in English both oral and written.
- Hands on mentality
What we have to offer?
- Working in an exciting entrepreneurial company environment
- Working on state of the art technology
- Being part of a very enthusiastic and highly skilled team
- Develop your own skills and contribute to a company that is in full development
- A competitive salary
For more information regarding this position please send your CV and motivation letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT EFFECT PHOTONICS
Founded in 2010, EFFECT Photonics delivers highly integrated optical communications products based on its Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM) optical System-on-Chip technology.
As a spin out of the prestigious Technical University of Eindhoven, EFFECT Photonics takes a platform approach to integration using high-yielding building blocks within the wafer. Growing different quaternary alloys of Indium Phosphide on a single wafer means that all of the active and passive optical functions of a system can be created within a single chip, which is then combined with simple packaging, designed for high-volume, low-cost manufacture from the very start.
The key enabling technology for DWDM systems is full monolithic integration of all photonic components within a single chip and being able to produce these in volume with high yield at low cost. With this capability, EFFECT Photonics is addressing the need for low cost DWDM solutions driven by the soaring demand for high bandwidth connections between datacenters and back from mobile cell towers.
EFFECT Photonics develops and delivers highly integrated optical products based on InP (Indium Phosphide) which is the material of choice for creating efficient laser light sources, waveguides, modulators, and photodiodes used in optical communication systems throughout the world.
Extensive development work and European funding has already been invested to develop and refine the processes needed for the integration of multiple optical functions within a single chip. For more information please visit our website: