Opto-Mechanical Design – Engineer
EFFECT photonics is searching for a full-time Opto-Mechanical Design Engineer with experience in 3D design (SolidWorks) and modeling for the development of fiber-optic and laser modules for Telecom. You will join our Module R&D team located in Eindhoven, The Netherlands and collaborate closely with various teams in NPI and Operations located in Brixham, UK.
This is an opportunity to join a fast-paced start-up environment where you will bring key mechanical design skills to team and help deliver the next-generation EFFECT Photonics advanced photonic modules and manufacturing infrastructure.
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Responsibilities for the position include:
- Opto-Mechanical design from initial concept to production release of fiber-optic packages and components for use in commercial and telecom systems.
- Perform thermal and structural analysis using Finite Element Analysis (ANSYS preferred), including design and tolerance analysis.
- Mechanical design of fixture/tooling and equipment for fiber-optic component manufacturing.
- Close collaboration with various teams in electrical, photonic IC and product groups to design optimized solutions that meet applicable industry and MSA (Multi-Source Agreement) standards and relevant customer specifications.
- Generate conceptual design, layout, prototyping, bill of materials, piece part and assembly drawings and maintain the generated documentation sets.
- Select vendors and follow-up with them for piece parts specification, procurement, and quality assurance.
What do we expect from you?
- Mastery of CAD tools for 3D design, modeling and 2D drawing creation (SolidWorks & Ansys preferred).
- Working knowledge of various production processes including injection molding, die-casting, extruding, sheet metal stamping & forming, machining, painting, powder coating, plating and conversion coating.
- Working knowledge of material selection/specifications, relating to soldering, metallization, ceramics, epoxy, optical fiber and semiconductors.
- Strong understanding of general mechanical design practices, particularly design for manufacturability and precision tolerances.
- Prior design experience in high volume products.
- Familiarity with fiber optics is desirable.
- Experience in performing structural and thermal finite element analysis desirable.
- Strong communication skills, a hands-on approach and a willingness to work in a cross-functional and multi-national team.
- Availability to travel up to 15% of your working time.
What do we have to offer?
- Working in an exciting entrepreneurial company environment.
- Working on state of the art technology together with an enthusiastic and highly skilled team of international colleagues.
- The opportunity to develop your own skills while contributing to a rapidly expanding company.
- A very competitive benefits package including salary, stock participation program (SARS) and relocation assistance.
For more information regarding this position please send your question to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications via this email will not be considered. For applying for this job, click here