OPTICAL TRANSCEIVER PRODUCT ENGINEER
EFFECT Photonics is searching for a full time Optical Transceiver Product Engineer. You will be responsible for the integration of hardware, software, reliability, safety and other requirements in the total engineering of the optical communications modules. In addition you are involved in performing functional, cost-benefit and risk analysis. You select systems architecture and prepare specifications for customers. You may also be asked to document performance on new systems or provide accreditation/certification evaluation and test support.
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Responsibilities for the position include:
- Coordinate development activities and actively manage the technical execution of program activities.
- Transfer new products from the product design team into the full scale manufacturing and operations facility.
- Statistical analysis of key product parameters and key stage build and test yields
- Report program status to the line manager/project manager, customer, and Management on a frequent basis.
- Deliver innovative, flexible, integrated solutions to meet customer’s changing business needs.
- Follow industry and department trends and developments to ensure EFFECT Photonics services are consistent with, and/or superior to, industry best practices.
What do we expect from you?
- Master Degree or PhD in Engineering Sciences.
- Minimum of 5 to 10 years of industry experience and a proven and successful track record in the international optics and telecommunications engineering industry.
- You combine excellent organization and project management skills.
- You have strong analytical and abstract thinking capability and clear and effective communication skills in English both oral and written.
What we have to offer?
- Working in an exciting entrepreneurial company environment
- Working on state of the art technology
- Being part of a very enthusiastic and highly skilled team
- Develop your own skills and contribute to a company that is in full development
- A competitive salary
For more information regarding this position please send your CV and motivation letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT EFFECT PHOTONICS
Founded in 2010, EFFECT Photonics delivers highly integrated optical communications products based on its Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM) optical System-on-Chip technology.
As a spin out of the prestigious Technical University of Eindhoven, EFFECT Photonics takes a platform approach to integration using high-yielding building blocks within the wafer. Growing different quaternary alloys of Indium Phosphide on a single wafer means that all of the active and passive optical functions of a system can be created within a single chip, which is then combined with simple packaging, designed for high-volume, low-cost manufacture from the very start.
The key enabling technology for DWDM systems is full monolithic integration of all photonic components within a single chip and being able to produce these in volume with high yield at low cost. With this capability, EFFECT Photonics is addressing the need for low cost DWDM solutions driven by the soaring demand for high bandwidth connections between datacenters and back from mobile cell towers.
EFFECT Photonics develops and delivers highly integrated optical products based on InP (Indium Phosphide) which is the material of choice for creating efficient laser light sources, waveguides, modulators, and photodiodes used in optical communication systems throughout the world.
Extensive development work and European funding has already been invested to develop and refine the processes needed for the integration of multiple optical functions within a single chip. For more information please visit our website: