Engineering Manager Module Team
Location: Eindhoven, the Netherlands
EFFECT Photonics is a cutting-edge developer of high speed optical transceivers for communication networks based on Photonic Integrated Chip (PIC) technology. Our teams consist of enthusiastic and driven employees, who all share a passion for developing products that will enable a sustainable growth of (mobile) internet traffic. Our teams are international in character, with highly skilled experts in their fields, which makes for an interesting working environment at EFFECT.
We want to expand our team with an exceptional Engineering Manager for our Module team, to manage and coordinate the overall integration of technical activities. The team is responsible for all engineering activities from proof-of-concept to product release in: system engineering, electronics & RF design, embedded software & control and opto-mechanics.
The ideal candidate has a strong engineering background (10+ years, MSc. In Engineering) and experience leading both engineering- and cross-functional teams (5+ years).
The Module Team Engineering Manager will:
- Provide leadership to the module team. Take ownership of product development schedules, priorities, risk assessments and design quality for the module team;
- Build a culture in the team that suits the needs of our company;
- Interact with (project) management, product line management and our production facilities to discuss project specifications and procedures;
- Analyse technology and resource needs to plan and assess the feasibility of projects.
Provide high-level insight at design reviews and into multi-disciplinary problems across all active projects;
- Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed in the team;
- Perform administrative functions such as reviewing and writing reports, approving expenditures, enforcing rules, and making decisions about the purchase of materials or services;
- Set scientific and technical goals within the outlines provided by general management;
- Provide training to other personnel to improve overall capabilities and knowledge;
- Recruit employees; assign, direct, and evaluate their work; and oversee the development and maintenance of staff competence.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
We are looking for a self-starting manger with a knack for managing teams and people. In addition, we expect outstanding skills in decision-making and problem-solving. For this function, a broad knowledge and experience in optical communication systems, electronics, embedded SW, Control engineering, RF design and photonics is required.
Ideally, you have demonstrated the ability be able to effectively manage multiple development projects simultaneously. In the past you have delivered innovative solutions that continually raised the bar and showed the capability to organise, plan, and prioritise work. At EFFECT we value people, so being able to establish and maintain interpersonal relationships is very important, as well as the ability to resolve conflicts and negotiate with others.
This function also requires you to communicate with people outside the organisation. Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English are therefore of great importance.
Finally, you must be willing and open to travel – both domestic and international – up to 10% of the time.
What do we have to offer?
- Working in an exciting entrepreneurial environment;
- Working on state of the art technology;
- Being part of a highly motivated and skilled team;
- Develop your own skills and contribute to a company that is in full development;
- A competitive salary;
- Stock Appreciation Rights (SAR stock program);
- Relocation assistance.
For more information regarding this position please send your question to: email@example.com
Applications via this email will not be considered. For applying for this job, click here