Location: Eindhoven, the Netherlands
EFFECT Photonics is a cutting-edge developer of high speed optical transceivers for communication networks based on Photonic Integrated technology. Our teams are made up of enthusiastic and energetic employees who all share a passion for developing and creating interesting products that will carry the internet of the future. The combination of the international character of the teams and the high level of education make EFFECT an interesting working environment.
We are looking for an experienced Financial Controller (7-10 years) to join our Finance team. The Financial Controller is responsible for all day-to-day operations in the finance department, reporting directly to the CFO. The financial controller takes care of the preparation of financial reports that summarises and forecasts the organization’s financial position, such as income statements, balance sheets, and analyses of future earnings or expenses.
In this position, you will be in charge of preparing special reports required by governmental agencies that regulate businesses. You will oversee the accounting, audits, and budget of the organisation. You will work closely with the finance team, Operations Controller and departmental managers.
The Financial Controller will:
- manage and monitor daily operations Finance department;
- monitor financial transactions, general ledger, consolidation, projects, budget vs actuals.
- Coordinate audits of company accounts and other financial reports to ensure compliance with internal and external requirements
- Be responsible for the preparation of financial statements, financial position forecasts, annual budgets, or reports required by regulatory agencies
- Provide direction and assistance to other organisational units regarding accounting and budgeting policies and procedures and efficient control and utilization of financial resources.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
You are a pro-active, senior financial controller with excellent talent to prep, streamline and optimise financial processes. In the past, you have shown excellent skills in decision-making and problem-solving. You can analyse data and information and use that data to develop strategies and objectives. You have proved to know how to organise, plan and prioritise work. You have experience in AO/IC (Administrative Organisation/Internal Control) and audits.
In this position, it is important to possess excellent communication skills, both for internal and external use. This skill comes into play during, among other, the management of teams and projects. You have demonstrated the ability to manage in the past.
You received specialised training in accounting or business economics and possess HBO+/HVE+ diploma. Due to the international nature of our organisation, it is important you speak Dutch (native or bilingual proficiency) and English (professional working proficiency). General knowledge of the high-tech sector is a big plus.
What do we have to offer?
- Working in an exciting entrepreneurial environment;
- Working on state of the art technology;
- Being part of a very enthusiastic and highly skilled team;
- Develop your own skills and contribute to a company that is in full development;
- A competitive salary;
- Stock Appreciation Rights (SAR stock program);
- Relocation assistance.
For more information regarding this position please send your question to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications via this email will not be considered. For applying for this job, click here