Failure Analysis Engineer
EFFECT photonics is searching for a full-time Failure Analysis Engineer to join our Product R&D team located in Brixham, Devon (UK) and collaborate closely with various teams in Product R&D, NPI and Operations both in Brixham as well as in Eindhoven (The Netherlands). As Failure Analysis Engineer you are responsible for evaluating failed devices, getting to the root cause and then working with other engineers to avoid the problem in the future.
This is an opportunity to join a fast-paced start-up environment where you will be involved in delivering the next-generation EFFECT Photonics advanced photonic modules and manufacturing infrastructure.
Responsibilities for the position include:
- Analysis of failed devices, to get to the root cause.
- Reporting results to internal and external customers.
- Development of failure analysis processes and equipment.
- Develop partnerships with groups offering a wider range of analytical tools.
- Working with Product and Development Engineers to avoid future failures.
What do we expect from you?
- MSc degree in Materials, Physics, Chemistry or equivalent.
- 2+ years of relevant industry experience
- Hands-on mentality and a pro-active approach in solving problems and independently work on projects in a structured manner.
- Experience in optical testing or semiconductor testing is a plus.
- Understanding of general electrical and mechanical design practices.
- Familiarity with fiber optics is desirable.
- Strong communication skills, a hands-on approach and a willingness to work in a cross-functional and multi-national team.
- Candidate must have right to work in the UK.
What do we have to offer?
- You will work on state of the art technology together with an enthusiastic and highly skilled team of international colleagues.
- A full-time position with competitive terms based at EFFECT Photonics facility at Brixham Laboratory, Devon.
- The opportunity to develop your own skills while contributing to a rapidly expanding company.
- A very competitive benefits package including salary, stock participation program (SARS), pension scheme and relocation assistance.
For more information regarding this position please send your question to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications via this email will not be considered. For applying for this job, click here