C++ Developer (Software Engineer)
Location: Eindhoven, the Netherlands
As a c++ developer the person holding this position will be required to create fast and reliable software solutions in c++ by collaborating and coordinating with other colleagues from different departments.
At Effect we have a plethora of Test and Measurement equipment, These all interface to software so all measurements can be automated. The data acquired in this way is sent to a cloud based infrastructure for storage and analysis.
The candidate will be responsible for the development of different c++ software solutions to facilitate and automate the testing processes which includes software design, implementation and verification. Part of the challenges are also designing multithreaded software solutions to provide high performance solutions.
As a c++ engineer the candidate will also have a key involvement into automation, implementation development of software by working in close collaboration with other engineering teams.
- Develop reliable and testable and fast c++ software solutions using the standard C++ 11 or later libraries.
- Planning and completing projects independently and regular documentation of their progress.
- Translate business requirements into specific technical tasks.
- Deployment of the project and issue Tracking when needed.
- Be an active contributing part of the Scrum Team by working closely with other members and offering support for our internal engineering teams.
- Performance tuning of software to reduce latency.
- Broad knowledge and experience in: Low level programming
- Excellent skills: Deep understanding of C++ 11 or later, multithreading, c++ stl, expertise with Ethernet communication (TCP/IP, Winsock, protocol), smart pointers,
- General knowledge of: Version Control
- Nice to have: Python, UML
Demonstrated ability to
- Understanding of operating system concepts i.e. memory management, multithreading, mutexes
- Understanding Design Patterns of OOP concepts
- Design Structures & Algorithms
- Large scale software design
- Work independently
- Deliver clean, extensible and robust code through rapid development cycles with documentation and version control.
- Years of experience: 3 – 5 year experience in designing C++ solutions
- Real-time low-level programming (windows) and multithreaded applications, C++ performance tuning, Communication GPIB, RS232 TCP/IP and USB , Testing, code maintenance and documenting software.
- Scrum, issue tracking, VS2013
- Degree or equivalent experience: In computer science, software engineering, system engineering, or equivalent engineering field.
What do we have to offer?
- Working in an exciting entrepreneurial environment;
- Working on state of the art technology;
- Being part of a very enthusiastic and highly skilled team;
- Develop your own skills and contribute to a company that is in full development;
- A competitive salary;
- Stock Appreciation Rights (SAR stock program);
- Relocation assistance.
For more information regarding this position please send your question to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications via this email will not be considered. For applying for this job, click here